Avengers ⇛ I Can't Come Back

Plot: You have the ability to control and read minds. So on one mission you are asked to go into the mind of a murderer. But he get's to you first, changing you completely.
(This will have a few parts!)

"Steve you know what you are telling me to do right!?" Your voice was loud but shaky.

"I don't want you to, I just follow Fury's orders." He says, looking at the ground then you.

"Do you guys even know what you are asking!?" The team just looks at each other, not knowing what to say.

"You are telling me to go inside the brain of a serial killer! If this backfires, he can keep me trapped in there or he can stay in my head! It's too dangerous!" You were fighting back tears.

"How can he go into your mind or keep you trapped?" Bucky asked, genuinely confused.

"There are others like me. Some who a stronger and have the ability to do that stuff. There is only 3 other's like me, but I have a weird feeling about this guy." Your voice lowered.

"3 others, in the whole wide world. The chances of this being one of them is so slim." Tony said.

You bit your lip, not wanting to cry in front of the team. Now, let's explain this situation you are in. The reason you're in the Avengers is because of your ability. If you get a picture of someone and some information, you can go into their brain. When your inside of them, you can control them or just see what they are doing. This is really good for missions with Hydra or things along those lines. That's why you are being ordered to go into this man's mind. The team's mission is to hunt down a serial killer who has been on the run for years. Finally you guys have found him, but the only way of capturing him is knowing more about him. This is where you apparently have to come in. You have to go inside of his mind, learn more about him and his plans, then leave. But, you have a bad feeling about this one. There are 3 other people in the world with what you have, all of them are stronger then you. Sure, some may be dead, so you might even be the only one left! This man still scared you though. If you go inside one of their head's and they are stronger then you. They can literally trap you inside of them, make you do the things they do. Or they can stay in your mind, if they are evil, they will basically torture you from the inside out. If this guy is like you, you could be doing his messy work.

"Fine." You spoke barely above a whisper. 

The team looked a bit worried, they never saw you so hesitant to do your job. Sam gave you the photo and started explaining stuff about him. What he looks like, his past, how many people he has killed etc. Once you were basically ready, Tony gave you a knife.

"Why?" You tilted your head.

"It's his favourite weapon, it might help you to get in the zone more." He replied.

"Gee thanks." 

You sat down on the grass and closed your eyes. After a few seconds, you started to enter his mind. When you do this, your eyes change form. The white of the eye goes black, and the iris goes a deep blue. Once you were into his head, your eyes opened, revealing the new type of eyes you had. This showed the team that you were 'working' basically.

He walks through his tiny apartment then goes down a set of stairs. You look around, the further down you go, the darker it gets. He turns on a light, then the horrible smell comes to you. In the corner is a large pile of bodies, you wanted to throw up. You tried to make him turn around to go to his blueprints or something, but he kept walking. You started panicking, you weren't fully in control of him, which means he is like you. You tried to escape his mind, but you couldn't, he trapped you. (The speech in italics is what he is saying.)

"You tried to expose me, you tried to control me." His croaky, creepy voice filled your head.

"Let me go!" 

"Oh I will, except, I am coming with you. You are doing what I say, the only way out, is killing yourself."

"Please stop!" You cried out.

"You started this game, I get to play."

.:. Everyone's POV  .:.(3rd person, I think?) 

The team watched as Y/n entered his mind. All was going well, until they heard her screaming.

"Let me go!" She was banging her head. 

Everyone began to get worried, especially when she started to bring the knife to her neck. Thor leapt forward, trying to take the knife away. But her grip was to tight, it was impossible to pull it away.

"Someone help!" Thor's voice boomed.

The all tried to grab the knife from you, but it was no use. 

"Uh guys. Her eyes aren't meant to do that.." Natasha said, pointing slowly to her eyes.

The blue in her eyes started fading to a deep red. 

"Oh no, she was right." Bucky said, his voice was a bit shaky.

.:. Your POV .:. 

In a snap, you woke up. Well not really. You were out of his mind, so you were technically back to reality. But he came with you, the only way out was to kill yourself, or to follow his orders. Since your power was still quite strong, you could fight it, so he didn't have full control over you.

"Leave me alone!" You cried out, grabbing your head.

Someone touched your shoulder, making you jump.

"You, you did this to me!" You got up and tried to stab Steve. Luckily, he got out of the way in time.

"That's right, kill him." The murderer's voice echoed through your brain.

"I can't kill him! Just stop!" 

Everyone looked at you, scared of what you just said. Of course they would be worried, they can't hear what he is telling you to do.

"I'm sorry." Tears rolled down your cheek as you tried to stab him again.

You missed, well, someone grabbed you. It was Tony in his Iron man suit.

"You also did this! All of you actually! You all deserve to die." You gave them a terrifying grin.
"I will make him proud." 

You ran to Sam first and tried to kill him, but you stopped.

"I'm sorry, that wasn't me talking, well it was. But, I can't help it, I don't want to!" You let out a sob.

"Kill them!" 

"Stop! Let me go!" You fell to the floor and started banging your head on the ground. A huge pain went through your head, then everything went black. Would he finally leave?