Tony & Pepper ⇛ Pawprints

Requested
Plot: You are a little puppy which has been adopted by Tony and Pepper.
This is a cute one to make up for my recent sad ones!

Loud footsteps coming from behind you made you jump.

"Y/n! I've been looking for you!"

Tony crouches down, levelling to your height. Your tail began wagging as you tried to leap up and lick him.

"Come on, it's bath time." He chuckled.

You had no clue what 'bath time' meant, but anything with Tony was exciting. He found you on the streets, skinny and shy. But once he gained your trust, he got you cleaned up and officially adopted you.
He walked down the hallway, with you hot on his heels. Then, you approached the stairs. Tony walked down effortlessly, you wished that one day you could be as brave as him.
At the top step, you hesitated, then jumped down. Tony turned around and saw you struggling, making him laugh.

"Lucky I love you." He picked you up and carried the rest of the way.

In the bathroom, Pepper was running the bath. When Tony let you on the ground, you ran over to Pepper, jumping up and trying to get her attention.

"Tony, I thought you said you taught her not to jump!" She laughed and scratched behind your ears.

"But it's cute." He pouted.

Pepper stared at him, but couldn't stay being serious since you were nibbling on her finger.

"Is the bath ready?" Tony put his hand in the water, checking the temperature.

"Yep."

He picked you up and gave you a quick kiss on the head. He held you just above the water, so you looked down. Water didn't scare you, stairs did, not water though. So, you began to paddle, thinking you had reached the water. Tony and Pepper laughed at your actions. Then you felt the water hit your paws. So you started to properly paddle this time. They both put in a variety of bath toys for your to play with whilst they washed you. You turned around, seeing that Tony and Pepper were talking to other people. You lifted your head as high as you could to see who it was. Finally you could see, it was Natasha, Steve and Sam! Your tail started wagging wildly, making the water splash everywhere.
"Aw hey Y/n." Natasha walked over to the bath and gave you a huge pat.
"JARVIS showed us footage of Y/n air swimming a few minutes ago. So we had to come in and say hello to our favourite wet dog." Steve smiled and started petting you as well.
It was a great way to spend the day.

.:. Time Skip .:.

Stairs. Stairs again. You whined loudly, making Tony turn around.

"I can't keep carrying you down here." He smiled.

"How about I teach you?"

You sat down and watched him do it. Then he called your name, asking for you to come to him. You tried to go down, but you just couldn't. Your little legs wanted otherwise.

"Okay, I'm really gonna have to do this." He mumbled.

He went on his hands and knees, then went down the stairs like that. You wagged your tail, he looked very funny. Finally, you managed to go down the stairs after seeing him do it your way.

"Y/n, come here, let me put your jumper on." Pepper came over to you.

Since it was a chilli night, Tony and Pepper liked to put a jumper on you, especially because of your thin fur.

The small, fluffy coat hugged your body. You sighed happily, then wondered off to your doggy bed which was next to their big bed. As you made yourself comfy, you felt like something was missing. You looked around, then realised your toy wasn't there. You started to whine, then paw Tony and Pepper's bed.

"What's up?" Tony leaned down to look at you.

You whined again.

He looked around, then realised.

"Let me find it for you." He smiled and got out of bed and went out the room.

Not long after, he came back with your favourite toy, the one you always sleep with. He gave it you then gave you a quick kiss. Now you could finally sleep and wake up to another perfect day.