Sam ⇛ Flicker

Plot: You have a secret that you thought would never be exposed. But, one day, the world 'flickers' and shows every supernatural creature. Only just for a moment thought, well, that's what everyone thinks.

 Only just for a moment thought, well, that's what everyone thinks

This is what you wear!

"The flicker?" You tilted your head.

"Apparently it's happening tonight." Tony jumped, very excited for some reason.

"But what is it?" Everyone in the team seemed know, but you.

"It's a rumour that tonight, every supernatural creature becomes visible for a moment." Steve said, he was excited as well.

Your heart skipped a beat. 

"What?" You glanced over at Nat.

She knew your secret, she was the only one. She shook her head a bit, like she was saying, 'it's not true.'

"Yes Steve, a rumour." She put emphasis on 'rumour'.

"I-I think it's bullshit, let's just go to bed or watch a movie." Your voice was a bit shaky, hoping no one would notice. 

"Come on, wouldn't be cool to see a fairy?" Sam smirked and wiggled his eyebrows. 

You gulped and bit your lip a bit. 

"I think I will pass." You backed away.

"Same." Natasha smiled at you.

"Come on girls! Don't be party poopers!" Tony sulked like a kid.

Sam grabbed your wrist and dragged you back to the group. Bucky did the same to Nat.

"It's probably not true, who even believes in vampires!" You whined.

Before you knew it, you were sitting on the picnic rug on the front lawn. More then anything, you just wanted to be inside, or even better; you wanted this 'flicker' to be fake. 

"So, do we even know when it's meant to happen?" Wanda asked.

"I've been told that it's in around 10 minutes or so." Tony replied.

You groaned, making everyone look at you.

"Y/n, why are you so against this?" Sam asked nicely.

"I just think we are wasting our time, and uh, it's fake." You stuttered, not knowing what to say.

"Okayyy." Thor eyed you, then looked back to the street.

A few minutes passed by, and your heart was gaining speed by the second. If this is true, would your secret be exposed? Would they finally see who you truly were? It was silence and nothing was happening, until now.  

The world suddenly went silent, just for a second, there was no noise. 

"W-what? Did you guys hear that?" Steve's eyes were wide and he was looking around.

"Well no, I didn't hear a bloody thing." You complained.

"I think that's the start!" Tony grinned.

You took in a shaky breath, hoping he was wrong. But boy was he right. 
The world suddenly went black, everything was black for a tiny second. When the darkness faded, the flicker happened. In front of you were a couple of werewolves, someone you think to be a vampire, a few pixies and even a bloody Pegasus trotting down the road. Suddenly your back felt heavier and you felt horribly sick. Behind you, your red wings expanded out. You prayed that no one would notice, after all, it was only for a second, right?

"Holy shit." Tony muttered.

"I did not expect this to be real." Sam said, completely memorised.

"No, holy shit." Tony said again.

You looked up and saw that he was looking at you. Everyone followed your gaze then their expressions all changed. 

"I have to go." You held back tears as you got up and started to run away.

"Y/n, wait!" You heard Sam yelling behind you. 

How long was this second! It's already been a few minutes and your whole life has been ruined. Tears rolled down your cheek, there was no point in keeping them back.

"Stop!" His voice was more stern this time.

So you did, then you slowly turned around.

"W-What's going on?" He said softly.

"Go away." You backed away slowly.

"I am not leaving until you tell me what's going on."  

You bit your lip.

"I am not Y/n L/n, I am Tortroisia and I'm a fairy. Sorry I lied to you all and I'm sorry for not revealing my true self." You voice went shaky and quiet.

You felt weak, scared for Sam's response.

"Don't be sorry. You are you, and we can't change that."

He gave you a smile, you tried to return it, but a sob escaped your mouth instead.

"Hey, don't worry about." He said softly as he wrapped his arms around you.

"This flicker is a lot more then a second."

----------

sorry the ending is real rushed!

oh, this is you as a fairy!