Steve ⇛ Leave A Light On

Warning: Small bit of alcohol use and small mention of deaths.

Plot: This imagine is based on the song 'Leave A Light On', by Tom Walker. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqnkBdExjws

Word Count: 1620

Steve's POV

"Steve, she is by herself." Tony said quietly.

I looked at him with disbelief in my eyes, unsure how to react.

"I thought she was staying here..." Natasha said, seeming like she was giving my sympathy.

"And I thought you were staying with her..?" Thor tilted his head.

My heart started racing and I ran into my room, trying to find my phone. Once I found her contact name, I instantly press the phone button. But there was no answer. My heart started racing as I searched my room, our room. Looking for any clues to find where you were. A couple cigarettes were scattered on the desk, making me completely worried. Once I entered the main room, I saw the rest of the team pacing around or thinking. They loved her to, not in the way I did, but she meant a lot to them. 

"Did you get through?" Bruce said, standing up and walking over to me.

I shook my head and wiped my nose, no wanting to explode in tears. Clint looked at all of us, not knowing what was happening at all. He was taking a break from the team when all this happened.

"Guys, I can tell something horrible is happening, but can I be informed at least the slightest bit?"

Vision looked at me, so I nodded, he knew I couldn't really speak right now.

"Steve found a girl, they were very close. I feel as though I should mention that they loved each other. Well, still do."

Vision looked at me, wondering if he should continue. I nodded again.

"Her name is Y/n. Y/n got into an accident. The accident was no one's fault, she was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. A truck exploded, we never found out why, making her crash into the car in front of her. Since she was in a large car, it killed everyone in the vehicle in front."

"It was Y/n's sister and her family. Her niece, 2 nephews, brother in law and her sister." I interrupted, knowing it was my turn to speak. I smiled at Vision, thanking him for telling the first part.

"She blamed herself for their deaths, even though she suffered from a big concussion, a broken collar bone and a broken rib. That family wasn't the only ones who died, she was lucky to survive. Including the blown up truck, it was a 7 car accident. Only Y/n made it out alive. That crash did something to her, or the concussion, it made her believe that she was a monster. So, when she was released from the hospital, she locked herself in the bathroom to drink and smoke; 'to rot away the memories.' Then one day she left, just a hug goodbye and a note. The not simply said, 'I'm sorry, you can't live with a monster.' I thought she went to stay with her parents, but Tony received a call from them, asking if she was okay. Meaning, she- she isn't there. She's alone." I choked up and let my tears roll down my cheek. She is not a monster, I wish she let herself believe it.

.:. Time Skip .:.

"She's hiding in the dark! I am going to find her Wanda! You're either coming or your not!" 

Wanda looked at me then paused for a while. She was telling me to let her have time, let her be. But I have! It's been a month without her... she could be... dead. 

"Okay Steve, you're right." She gave me a shaky smile. I looked at the rest of the team.

"Do you know where she could be?" Thor asked.