Steve ⇛ Tension

Plot: Despite being on the team for a while, you and Steve have never got along. Nobody knows why exactly... yet.
(Okay so I watched Stranger Things s3 and got inspired from a scene...)

"Guys, we have to go!" Tony shifted his weight to one leg, clearly agitated and bored.

"Yes I'm ready." You tiredly walked in, dragging your small duffel bag behind you.

Tony, Steve, Nat, Bucky and you were assigned a mission, well more like stakeout. Another Hydra base has been located, but not fully pin pointed. It's your jobs to find out where it is, then take it down. Fury said the mission shouldn't go over a month, but it may be at least a couple of weeks.

Excited was something you definitely were not. Spending over a week with the person who you strongly disliked didn't sound very appealing. No one actually knows why you and Steve dislike each other so much. It started off with you guys being mutual, then these feelings swept over you. It just made you believe that you had to dislike him. Same with him, so you guys aren't on the best terms. Thankfully though, you do have your best friend Nat.

"Steve hurry up!" Natasha yelled.

Everyone was ready, you were all just waiting for Steve. He walked in, instantly making you roll your eyes. He glared at you then went straight passed to Bucky.

"Bye everyone!" You said goodbye to the rest of the team, as did everyone else.

Eventually you all got into the car, however, Steve was driving and you were in shotgun. Because of how lucky you are, the trip to actually get to the safe house was driving for basically the whole day. A whole day strapped up next to Steve.
The first part of the trip was fine, Tony played his music and everyone was singing along. Then everyone just sorta did their own thing, the car was silent and you liked it that way.

"Feet off." Steve said bluntly.

You glared at him, but kept your feet up on the dash.

"I said put your feet down."

"It's not your car." Your voice was stern.

"But i'm driving, so therefore I am the boss of the car."

"Oh my ass." You rolled your eyes.

"Y/n I'm serious, if we crashed you would be completely screwed."

"Aw how cute, you actually worry for me." You smirked.

He showed a look of disgust.

"Like hell I care for you. Just put your feet down you'll damage the car!" 

"They are doing no harm for fuck sake!"

"Well it's annoying me!"

"Then don't look at me!"

"Your feet are literally touching the front window, it's a huge fucking distraction!"

"Language." Nat interrupted tiredly.

"Tough shit! Whenever someone else does this you have no problem!" You both ignored Nat.

"Maybe you're just extra distracting and extra annoying!"

"Why is that Steve!? Enlighten me!"

"You're just simply irritating!"

"Me!? Steve you are the most gear grinding human on this planet! I don't know how anyone manages to deal with you!"

"That's exactly my point! See how aggressive you are? That's fucking annoying!"

"Then just ignore me! It's not hard!"

"I'm trying to but you never shut up!"

"If I'm correct, you started this conversation in the first place!"

"It's technically you're fault because you put your feet up to begin with."

"I don't get how my feet placement should bother you!"

"Because-" Steve was interrupted, thankfully.

"Shut up the two of you!" Bucky yelled, making Tony and Natasha jump.

"All I can hear is constant bickering from the both of you, not even only this trip! Literally whenever you guys are in the same room, you always have to break out into insulting each other. I don't know what is up with you guys, cause this time last year, the two of you were actually friends!"

Both you and Steve were silent.

"Actually, no! Basically everyone knows what's up with you guys. It's clear that you both have... feelings for each other. The only way to ignore it is by hating each other. But for fuck sake, it's so clear that the tension between you two is sexual! So either get out the car and rip your clothes off and bang it out, or shut the fuck up because no one wants to hear you're whining voices anymore!"

Bucky took a deep breath then rested back. Tony and Nat high fived Bucky and tried to contain their laughter.

You and Steve on the other hand, completely silent. For once, neither of you had anything to say. It was even like that for the rest of the car ride! God this trip was going to be insanely awkward.

(I applaud you if you can figure out where this scene was from!)