Steve ⇛ Perfect Christmas

Plot: You had never really been a Christmas person. Probably because you never really had someone to celebrate it with. But when you joined the Avengers, you had hope that you might actually enjoy this year. As you actually have people to be around. But then Steve happens, your crush ever since you joined. He really did make it the best christmas.
Word Count: 1014

"It's Christmas Eve!" Thor came yelling down the hallways.
You sighed and rolled over, not wanting to get up. Christmas had never really been 'your cup of tea'. Ever since you could remember, you had always been by yourself. Yes, you had parents, but they seemed to abandon you, you can't remember them. You didn't have a house, so you lived in the woods, it was the only place. Since you were out in the open and anything could happen to you by anything. So, you trained yourself how to fight, I guess you were a homemade assassin!
~ Flashback ~
It was a cold night and you heard lots of noises in the woods. Not like animals or anything close, it was like a group of people fighting. You swiftly grabbed your homemade bow and arrows, then crept towards the noise. Tilting your head and squinting your eyes, you finally saw the group of people fighting another group. 'Hydra, that must be them', you said to yourself. Since you were out here, away from society, you shouldn't know what Hydra is, but you do. Many people come to the woods to hunt etc, and you always eavesdrop on their conversations. A couple of people were talking about this group who were never up to good. They were talking about their logo, what they do, then, finally announced they were called Hydra. Seeing their logo on some of the fighters, you knew you wanted to help. You had no clue who the other group were or why they were fighting but you helped. Then that's when everything changed, after the fight, that's when they asked you to join their team. You had said yes.
~ End of flashback ~
You were cut out of your thoughts when you heard running down the hallway. But two people running.
"Don't wake me up again!" That was Clint's voice, definitely Clint.
"I'm sorry! But it's the start of Christmas!" Thor screeched and kept running away. You laughed to yourself then got changed into some comfy clothes. Right now the compound you were at was in Australia. Tony thought we should go somewhere different, I mean, everywhere is different to you, so you didn't really care actually. A small smile slipped on your face as you walked down stairs. The room was covered in fairy lights and their was a huge tree covered in decorations. It was beautiful, you had to admit that, but it wasn't really your place. You kind of felt like you were intruding in their Christmas traditions. So you snuck to the kitchen and made some toast.
"Hey Y/n! Happy Christmas Eve!" Nat grinned at you and made a coffee.
"Hey! And you too!" You smiled as well then went upstairs. Nat and you got very close since you joined. Probably because you were both assassins and had the same sense of humour. Bang! You looked up and saw Steve smiling at you. 'Did I really just walk into him!?' You yelled at yourself.
"Sorry! I did not see where I was going at all!"
"Don't worry, I wasn't looking either. Also, why are you coming back up to your room? We have a whole day planned out."
You shrugged and looked at your toast.
"I don't know, I just don't really understand Christmas I guess. And I don't want to intrude on your traditions."
He sighed a bit.
"Y/n. I completely understand that this is your first Christmas, i was very weirded out when I had my first one. And no way in hell are you intruding on our traditions, we want you to join in. So chuck this on and come down whenever." He smiled at you and gave you a Christmas hat.
"Wow, thanks Steve. That means a lot!" You gave him a smile then went to your room. After about an hour debating to come down or not, you ended up going. And you don't regret it. The whole day was filled with fun games and activities, you couldn't stop grinning. You spent majority of the day with your best friend, Nat. The day started coming to an end, so everyone sat on the couch and watched a Christmas movie. It was like a dream, everything was perfect.
"Present time!" Tony grinned and him and Bruce got up and started walking over to the presents.
"Wait what? I didn't know we were buying presents!" You started panicking.
"Chill Y/n, that's what Santa is for!" He chuckled a bit. You looked at Steve and he winked at you, making you blush. Then Natasha bumped your shoulder and smirked, making you grin.
"A present for Y/n, oh and apparently you have to get up to get your present." Tony said in his best Santa voice then smirked at you. You smiled then walked over, opening the paper to reveal a bouquet of flowers and a lovely set of perfume. You grinned then jumped as you heard a voice behind you.
"I didn't know what scent you wanted, so I got three." There stood Steve, smiling at you.
"It's perfect." You looked up and saw Steve holding a piece of mistletoe. He smirked at you then grinned.
"Can't say no to mistletoe."
You giggled then kissed him. It was your first kiss and it was beautiful. You pulled away to see him grinning back at you.
"I've been wanting to do that for a while." He smiled and you blushed.
"Me too."
Best Christmas ever.
————————————
A/n
Hi guys! So I did this story because it's actually Christmas Eve now for me! Yep, I'm writing this on Christmas Eve! I don't know when this will be published or when you will read it, but it's Christmas for me so, happy Christmas guys! 💓💓