Love Is In The Air Tonight

Warning: SUPER LONG CHAPTER.

Betty POV

"He just texted me, saying he's waiting for us downstairs, so hurry up or we're leaving without you." I say, but that's a limp threat and she knows it.

"I just need you to zip me up and we're good to go, Betty." my best friend says, laughing at my worried face.

"I'm happy that my stress lines can make you laugh." I say sarcastically, rolling my eyes as I zip her up.

"Let's go, Betty. We can't be late." Veronica Lodge says, clearly loving this moment way too much. Grabbing our purses, we run over to the elevator, where Jug's waiting for us.

"There you are. I was getting worried that you two were never getting out of that apartment. Come with me. We stole Fred's truck for today, so get in." my boyfriend says, giving me a quick peck on the lips.

As the elevator slowly begins its descent to the lobby, I suddenly realize that I don't have my purse. "Babe, I forgot my purse upstairs." I say, slightly nervous because the present I have for Arch is in there.

"I knew you would say that Betty. Your purse is in my bag, remember? We have his present, you can breathe." Ronnie says, laughing.

"Shut up." I say, chuckling as I give Jug a kiss.

"Ah-em! I get that you're my girl's bae and all that crap, but no making out in an elevator. Ever." V says, smirking.

"I'll try to control myself, but no promises Veronica. After all, she looks super hot all the time, who knows what time I'll break that rule?" Juggie says, smiling at her. It's so surprising; Jughead is this misunderstood, emo writer 90% of the time, and then he's with me and suddenly less sarcastic and more lovey dovey.

"You know I can't wait for you two to get married, but I already know what the toast is going to be from me." she says, dangerously smirking. 

"I'm scared for that toast and what it'll expose." Jughead says, laughing nervously at the thought.

"We all are, Jug. Well, maybe not Veronica, but that's because she knows what she wants to say. So, everyone but V is scared for that toast." I say dead pan.

"You've been spending too much time with Jughead Jones if you're dead panning my wedding toast, B."  Veronica says, serious.

"Well, he IS my boyfriend, Ronnie. I think I'm supposed to spend time with him, right Juggie?" I say, staring into his soul.

"I agree with my gorgeous girlfriend here instead of you, Lodge. My deepest sympathies to your ego." he says, chuckling.

"We're going to be late if we don't get out of this elevator." I say before those two can battle it out with sarcasm.

*5 Minutes Later*

"We're late, we're late, for a very important date." the three of us sing in perfect harmony as we get out of the car in front of the Andrew's house.

Knocking on the door, we all go to a different end of the porch. "Anyone there?" Archie asks, confused. 

Just as he's about to close the door, we all scream, "SURPRISE!" and jump in front of the door. Looking like he's seen a ghost, Archie invites us in, quickly giving Veronica a quick peck on the lips.

"What are they hiding?" I whisper to her, laughing at the looks of surprise on their faces. After all, these boys are never that serious.

"I don't know; either some big romantic gesture or probably some random surprise they won't share with us. Knowing our boyfriends, I'd say the latter of the two." Ronnie whispers.