Cool For The Summer

Bughead. Definitely not a Tik Tok POV I just saw.

--

Summer for Betty Cooper always meant one thing: summer camp. She loved it more than anything, including her now ex boyfriend Archie Andrews, who cheated on her with one of the Pussycats three weeks ago. Still bitter about that, but at least she found out.

Jughead Jones had always gone to summer camp in Toledo, but this year, he decided to go to one closer to home, on Cape Cod. He didn't really care much about the camp aspect of it, but he did like going somewhere new and exploring. So, he packed his bags with minimal enthusiasm and hopped into his car for the three hour long drive.

Betty's love of camp was well known at her school, to the point she was made fun of for it. Camp was the escape from her regular life, and so she was very happy about being a head counselor this year. There were only two, and the process was highly competitive.

The pair had never met before finding out they were the head counselors, the ones who basically ran the camp. Jughead instantly developed a liking for the blonde after she made three sarcastic remarks in the span of two minutes. But he didn't want to risk anything, especially since they were stuck together for two months.

Over the summer, the pair had a good flirtationship formed. They would constantly flirt with each other, to the point basically everyone shipped them. Even the five year olds. Yes, they definitely caught feelings for each other, but that wasn't anything either was willing to admit before the last bonfire.

Last bonfire was a tradition at camp, where they would all congregate and have a huge bonfire where they would hang out all night and everything, it was the best time for everyone.

The bonfire came, and Jughead's confidence did with it. He was certain that it was the best idea for him to ask out Betty there, at the best time of the entire year for her. Little did he know Betty had a plan for him.

Veronica, Betty's best friend since the age of two, was on the phone with the blonde, plotting the plan to ask Jughead out. It was quite simple, really: when they were supposed to put stuff together for the bonfire, she was going to kiss him. Out of nowhere. With absolutely no warning, just their normal jokey flirting. Clearly, it was a flawed plan. Incredibly flawed.

"Hey, Betty, do you mind helping me out with my hair tonight?" Sam, Betty's favorite camper, asked her after she got off the phone with Veronica.

Betty nodded at the red headed girl, "Yeah, of course hon! I'll be there in a minute, okay? Just stay there."

The girl nodded and Betty ran into the bonfire area to find Jughead. "Hey, sorry for this, but the girls need my fashion help, so I'm not going to be able to help you set up."

"Oh, cool cool cool cool cool cool no doubt cool cool cool," Jughead replied, quoting Jake Peralta. It was the one time at camp where they could wear their own clothes without having to worry much about weather.

She smiled and ran back to the cabin to help the girls with their hair and everything else, forgetting about her own. Thank God her cousin, Cheryl, was there and reminded her to change into new clothes and actually get ready.

^Betty's outfit

^Betty's outfit

"Alright, kids, let's go have fun!" Cheryl exclaimed excitedly, leading them out of the cabin. Betty stood in the doorway and saw Jughead walking towards her.

"I have to say this before I lose my nerve, so here it is: I have a huge crush on you, and want to go out with you. We live in the same town and flirt every day. So, will you be my girlfriend?" Jughead asked when he approached her cabin.

"Good to see I'm worth a lot of effort and romantic gestures," Betty rolls her eyes. "But yes, I will go out with you."

🦪🦪🦪🦪🦪🦪🦪🦪🦪🦪🦪🦪🦪🦪🦪🦪🦪🦪🦪🦪🦪

Boys will be Boys by Dua Lipa is iconic af

Later loves,

~Ry