One Perfect Thing

Bughead because what else do I write at this point.

--

There is only one perfect decision you can make in your life according to the rules of society. Whenever you are posed with a decision, on your wrist, there is a number from one to ten telling you whether or not you should do that. A ten is the only perfect decision you can make in your life. Of course, your prior decisions aren't all terrible, but the ten is something everyone searches for every day, in every aspect of their lives.

Jughead Jones has no clue what his perfect decision will be in life, but that's part of the fun in his opinion. It's like a game, do I skip school or go today, should I wear a shirt or no, should I wear my beanie (that's a nine, which is basically saying he's going to wear it as long as he lives), etcetera.

On this particular day, his crush on Betty Cooper was the only thing he could think about. It was consuming his mind in a manner he never knew about or experienced before. That's saying something, since he's used to a lot of experiences.

He tried to put the thought out of his head while walking to school that day to no avail. Enter his best friend, Archie "Archoe" Andrews, a football player who enjoys writing music and trying to figure out which girl to date. Arch walks over to the beanie-wearing teenager and starts up a conversation Jughead barely participates in because she's in his range of vision.

Betty Cooper, the blonde goddess he had a crush on. She always wore her hair in a tight, high ponytail and was a writer on the Blue and Gold with him. Her best friend, Veronica, was Archie's girlfriend of the week. She seemed like she'd stick around, though.

"Okay, dude, I'll give you twenty bucks if you go ask out Betty," Archie sighs when he notices Jughead staring again.

Jughead immediately starts thinking about the cons of doing that before looking at his wrist. It said 10 on it, so it was the only perfect choice he could ever make. That was it, he was asking her out.

"Fine, I'll do it. But only because it's a ten," Jughead agrees after overthinking for about thirty seconds.

Archie's eyes widen quickly, "A ten? Jughead, what are you still doing here? You're asking her out right now and you two are going to date."

"Alright, thanks bro. I'll tell you the results in chem," Jughead pats his friends shoulder before walking over to Betty, calmly.

"Hey, Betty," he starts when he gets there, "I was wondering if you'd like to go out with me."

Betty immediately looked at her wrist and saw a ten. This was her perfect thing. Of course it was, she'd had a crush on him for a couple months. "Yes, Juggie, I would."

Veronica and Betty exchanged a glance as Jughead went back to Archie, who'd been watching. "I'll take my twenty dollars, please."

The boys laughed, "Nope. Sorry Jug, it was a ten, so you don't get the money."

"Asshole!" Jughead shouted back, laughing.

🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨

Tomorrow is Easter

Later loves,

~Ry