Kiss and Make Up

Bughead because I feel like it.

--

No one POV

Betty Cooper, girlfriend to Jughead Jones, daughter of Alice and Hal Cooper, sister to Polly and Charles, cousin to Cheryl, Jason, and Julian, and best friend to Kevin, Veronica, Archie, Cheryl, and Jughead. She defines herself with the people she's related to, that she loves and that love her. So, sadly, Cole Sprouse isn't on the list. But Betty's more than the people who define her, she's her career, her hobbies. She works at the Riverdale Reporter, advises the Blue and Gold, watches True Crime documentaries, and loves reading. Almost as much as she loves Jughead.

Jughead Jones, boyfriend to Betty Cooper, son of Gladys and FP Jones, brother to Jellybean, cousin to Fangs and Toni, best friend to Archie, Fangs, Toni, and Betty. He defines himself by his accomplishments, and the people he loves, that love him back. Lili Reinhart, sadly, is not on the list. He's a writer, full-time now, actually, Jughead. He writes true crime, his wife's guilty pleasure, and is supposed to go on a book tour soon to talk about his newest book.

"Betty? I'm home," Jughead calls into the foyer of their home. It's just like his girlfriend to be out, doing something. She's a people person, always has been, always will be, as opposed to his introverted ways, comfortable just sitting on the couch, cuddling with his girl.

"Hey, I'm ready to go. I just have to go find my shoes. Veronica called, telling me all of the gossip I missed. Dear God, I love the girl to death, but she is so talkative sometimes."

"Okay. Oh, and I'm leaving Tuesday for my book tour stuff," Jughead tells her, and the happy smile falls off of Betty's face.

"I thought you said that you weren't going to do this one, Juggie," Betty says, no emotion evident in her tone. Jughead knows then that he's in deep shit.

"I was, and I told them that... But then they showed me the money. One million dollars a stop! I couldn't say no to that. You know that we could use that money just as well as I do," Jughead tries to get out of the doghouse, but his girlfriend's simple, subtle glare means that he just dug himself deeper into that hole. Shit, shit, shit.

Betty clenches her jaw, mulling her words over very carefully. She wants to scream, wants to go nuclear, but that won't do anything.

"You're saying that that was your price? One million a stop? Baby, you know I'm ridiculously proud of you for making it in this business, but also, you just told them that if they just show you the right number, you'll do anything," Betty counters, glare set. It's staring into Jughead's soul, he feels like.

"No, babe, I don't have a price, but then I got thinking, and the whole reason I wasn't going on that tour was because of you. So I thought, if I can get more a stop, maybe I could talk you out of burying me in the backyard," he grins jokingly at the end, and the glare intensifies.

"You're saying that I'm not worth it? That since I was your reason, you were going to go behind my back and negotiate so that you could get away from me," realization dawns on Betty, as she looks frantically from the ceiling to the floor. "Why wasn't I enough? Am I not pretty enough, funny enough?"

"Don't you dare start hating yourself, Elizabeth Cooper. You are perfect as is, no need to change. You're enough, don't you get it? To me, you're everyth-"

"If I'm everything, how come you can go off for three months without me?" Betty interrupts, pissed and sad, which is a lethal combination.

🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧

Tired.

Later loves,

~Ry

*NOT EDITED DUE TO TIREDNESS, FEEL FREE TO CORRECT