Welcome To The Northside

Betty POV

It's moving day. Mommy says it'll be for the better, since we'll live closer to parks and stuff, but I don't want to leave my house, or my room, which is bright pink with princesses! Daddy helped me pack up my stuff last night so that it can go to the new house, where I get a bigger room, which is supposed to be pretty cool.

"Before we go, can I please say bye to Juggie?" I ask Mommy, since he lives next door with Jellybean, his sister, and is my best friend.

"Yes, even though he's a bad influence. Be quick, I don't want you to be a bother." she says, sighing. My parents don't like Jughead, probably because he's a boy. That's Polly's theory, at least.

"Thanks!" I say, and run out the door to his house, where I see him outside with his beanie on, as usual. "Hey Juggie and Jelly!" I exclaim, hugging them both.

"Hey Betts. Coming over to say good bye?" Jughead says, somehow already knowing that I'm leaving the Southside for the Northside today, so Polly and I can go to the good schools, Riverdale Public, and take the bus or walk. Lucky for me, Jug's at my school too!

"Yeah, but Mommy said that she'll drive me over whenever I want, and apparently, a kid lives next door. It's a boy with red hair. He's in our preschool class." I say sadly.

"Archie Andrews? He plays football with me; we're friends. Did Alice say that I can come over anytime I want?" he says, perking up at the thought.

"Yep! I made her, because I'm always going to be friends with you, Jug. And now we get a new friend, one who can teach me how to play football! Maybe then the boys won't laugh at you for being best friends with a girl." I say cheerily, skipping over to the Jones' trampoline.

"That would be awesome, but I still don't get why they don't like us being friends." Jughead says, smiling as we do our trampoline routine.

"Me either. They're probably just idiots." Polly says, joining us. Even though she's older than I am, she's friends with us. Together, we make the Southside Trio, which we made up.

"Agreed." we all say in unison, laughing when Juggie falls on his butt.

"Not funny. Now, someone help me up." he says, laughing. I extend my hand and end up falling too.

"At least we're together, stuck on a trampoline for all eternity. Or at least, until Mom comes over and says Polly and me have to leave and go play with Archie Andrews." I say, giggling.

"I think you have to go now." Jughead says sadly, pointing at my mom coming over to us.

"Betty, Polly, I'm going in to ask FP and Gladys a question, and then I'll be right back." Mommy says, going inside without even knocking, like we always do. After all, the Jones' are a second family to us; their home is our home and our home is their home.

"What do you think they're talking about in there?" Polly asks, looking a little worried.

"The new house is supposed to have a pool and huge trampoline; maybe she's inviting Jug over to come play with us while Mom and Dad do grown up stuff." I say, smiling.

"Exactly right, Betty. Jughead, if you want to come over and play for a little bit with them while Hal and I set up the house, you're welcome to; your parents said yes." Mom says, smiling.

"Awesome! Let me go put on my swimsuit, and then I'll join you guys." he says, smiling because we don't have to say good bye yet.

"Thank you Mommy." Polly and I chorus, giving her a hug.