What If I Said...

As much as I love this song, and kinda want to write an one shot on Jenzie, this is a Riverdale one (but let me know if you think I could somehow work them, or Covinsky, into one of these.) shot book. So, this is going to be a platonic friendship-based story, and yeah.

-----

*No one POV*

"Betts? Betts? Betty?" Jughead says, suddenly worried for his best friend. She'd been zoning out all afternoon, and they were working on the case of the year: Hiram Lodge's imprisonment, and how to get him to another detention center- one he doesn't own.

"Yeah, sorry, what?" the blond says, snapping out of her thoughts. Ever since prom night, she'd been having these... strange emotions towards the dark-haired boy. Emotions she hadn't had in a while, probably since she started dating Sweet Pea. Little did she know, those feelings were reciprocated. There's a reason Jughead and Veronica had recently broke up, and while the school thought he was over her, and back to his slutty ways, but in reality, he was in love with his best friend: Betty Cooper, who he'd known since preschool. I could regale you with tales of their friendship, but there are too many to count or write.

"I was just telling you that Dad said there's not much we can do. However, since Hiram owns the prison, it's a conflict of interest to have him there. And since Hermoine's..." the sheriff's boy trailed off, getting stuck in his own thoughts of how bad he wanted to kiss her.

"Jug? Are you okay? You just kind of trailed off there for a hot minute," Betty says, before turning to her notebook.

"Juggie? Jug? Jughead? Forsythe Pendelton Jones the Third?" the blond says, waving her hand in front of his face.

"Sorry, sorry, just got distracted for a minute because of how badly-" at this, the boy with the beanie paused. Should he reveal his true feelings for the girl who knew him better than anyone? Or should he keep his thoughts secret?

Deciding the latter, he slowly leans in, towards Betty's face. She's not pulling away. A little surprised, sure, but incredibly excited. Finally, she gets to kiss the boy she loves.

--------

I AM SO SORRY THIS DIDN'T GO UP YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:

Wattpad wouldn't work for a while, so sORRy!

Later loves,

~Ry