Prom

The night every girl waits her entire life for, senior Prom, had finally arrived for Betty Cooper. Betty was the definition of edgelord, the girl who had blonde hair she dyes a pink color and only wears black, revealing tops, a black leather jacket, and some black pants with chains and such on them. Oh, and we can't forget about her seven inch tall high heeled combat boots and nose piercing. They were very defining for her character, and scared off a lot of people. All the boys wanted to get with her, a good boy, bad girl situation, but no one had the courage. She was very hot and she knew it; her attitude was very hardcore, very intimidating, very angsty.

Now, Betty was a teenage girl, so, as much as she pretended she didn't have feelings besides boredom and anger, she did care somewhat what people thought of her. It's why she had such an angsty personality. Her friends knew that, while she truly was like that, she also had a soft core, much to the confusion of everyone else. Betty truly did not have any desire to attend Prom, especially as a senior. She hadn't gone as a junior or sophmore, though she'd received invitations to both.

This year, however, Veronica Lodge, her best friend, had decided for her that Betty was attending the dance, and getting a date. After much debate, Betty agreed to go, wearing her combat boots.

Dress shopping was the literal seventh circle of hell for her, so many colors and different styles and a whole new world of girliness she didn't enjoy. Luckily, V, Cheryl, and Kevin went with her to buy the dress and had a clue what they were doing.

After several torturous hours, Betty decided on a short, black off the shoulder dress with a line of silver glitter in the middle of it. It would look perfect with her combat boots and made her feel like a princess. Veronica had decided on a short, strapless navy blue dress with pink flowers, and Cheryl, in true Blossom fashion, had decided on a short, strapless red lace dress.

Betty got many invitations to the Prom, but each person wasn't the one she was hoping it would be. She wanted to be asked by Jughead Jones, fellow angsty teen and one of her best friends. Jughead had already told her he was going, but it was against his will for Archie. So, everyone got turned down and their heart broken, much to the annoyance of Veronica.

If Betty had known that Veronica had even more plans for her makeup, nails, and hair than she did for the dress, she would've accepted one of the dates.

Instead, Betty was getting her hair done in an extravagant bun braid creation she didn't fully understand, but it involved a curling iron and two hours. In a formal dress. After that was over, Betty went to a salon for the first time in forever to get silver glitter nails, which she had to admit was fun, even though she was in a dress and had her hair twisted into some concoction. Makeup was the most time consuming part, as it included a lot of silver glitter eyeshadow and some nude lipstick. The combat boots, she had to admit, didn't exactly match, but Veronica had figured that Betty would realize that and got her silver combat boots in the exact same style.

Finally at the dance, Betty noticed Jughead right away, looking out of place without his trademark beanie and plaid shirt. He had on a simple black tuxedo and a black tie, which had clearly been tied by Archie, as Jughead had never worn a tie in his life.

"Hey, V, I'll be right back. I'm going to go say hi to Jug," Betty said, getting stared at by everyone there. No one expected Betty Cooper could wear a dress or color, so they were all pleasantly surprised.

Veronica just smirked, "Go get your mans!"

"Shut up!" Betty smiled, walking over to her crush. He was very much staring at her, entranced by all the glitter. "Hi."

"Hey, Betts. You- you look great," he nervously smiled at the pink haired girl.

Betty felt herself blushing, "Thanks. You look great too. Surprised you're in a tux, though. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining."

"I could say the same about you being in a dress, Cooper. Not complaining about that either since you look beautiful."

"Hello my favorite almost couple," Kevin interrupts the two nervous teenagers. He didn't have a date so Kevin was just hanging out with everyone as the gay best friend.

The pair just rolled their eyes at him until he went away. "I don't know if it's the cheesiness of this event, but I do like you."

"Well, I like you too. Would you like to be my Prom date?"

"If you'll be my girlfriend."

"Deal."

🥠🥠🥠🥠🥠🥠🥠🥠🥠🥠🥠🥠🥠🥠🥠🥠🥠🥠🥠🥠

Sorry I didn't update Saturday but I didn't have any ideas and this just popped into my head.

Later loves,

~Ry