Colors

AU where you can only see colors when you kiss your soulmate.

Bughead.

--

Betty Cooper dreamed about the night she would kiss her soulmate. It was the only thing in her life that had any purpose; soulmates and kissing. She had heard from her parents all her life that it took time to find a soulmate; that you're going to kiss a lot of people before you find your soulmate.

Looks like Betty would just have to kiss a lot of people then. And that's what she did. Every party, every date she went on, she kissed one person after another. She was known as the School Bi, but no one judged her that much. They were all doing a lot of kissing.

There was one boy that the blonde beauty had had her eyes on for a few months now; Jughead Jones. Bad boy from the Southside, but there was more to him than the angst. It quickly became Betty's mission to figure out what type of person he truly was.

"Hey, Jughead," she approached him one day at lunch, afraid of him running away. While most people were too afraid to talk back to her due to the fight she'd had with several boys last year for making fun of her, this boy seemed different. A challenge.

"Hello, Betty. What do I owe the pleasure?" Betty couldn't tell if it was just his voice or he was being sarcastic, so she decided to just do it. Kiss him.

She leaned in, and he backed up. "What the hell are you doing, Cooper?" Jughead practically screamed, and people were looking at the pair strangely.

"Keep your voice down, Jones. Look, I have a crush on you and want to figure out if we're soulmates or not, okay?" She asks and he nods, agreeing to this strange arrangement.

They both lean in, lips brushing for a minute before they collide. Betty kept her eyes open during this kiss, and so did Jughead. It was a business transaction, or so they were going to treat it.

At that moment, everything changed from black and white with some gray to color. The feeling was perfect, and so they both closed their eyes to continue kissing. Their eyes had turned white for a minute because of the sensation of color being thrown at them all at once.

The kiss quickly turned from innocent to more, as they weren't exactly holy children™. Jughead's tongue ran along Betty's lips, which she quickly parted, ready to start her life with her soulmate.

Groans left the boy's lips, and Betty remembered they were in a cafeteria at a high school where everyone would know everything about that kiss in ten minutes. So she removed their lips.

"Hey, Juggie," the nickname left her mouth so effortlessly she didn't even notice it, "Why don't we go somewhere else for now? Everyone's staring."

"Sure, Betts."

🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪

I have way too many free days now that two of my books have ended or are ending soon.

Later loves,

~Ry