Forced Marriage Part 2

No One POV

*One Year Later*

"I still hate him, Mom. Your plan didn't work," Betty grumbles from the makeup chair, where Cheryl was doing her hair.

"There was no plan, Betty. You two are just doing this because of a bet I made in high school," she reminds her, and she rolls her eyes. Betty knows that secretly, Alice wanted her to stop hating him, but it clearly did not work.

*Right after ceremony*

Betty and Jughead had been forced to kiss at the ceremony; if they had not, it would have raised suspicion. No one suspected anything, of course, except Cheryl. She saw that her cousin had clearly not been looking forward to this wedding, even though it was going to happen.

While the guests congregated in the reception area, the very unhappy couple were sat in a room, alone.

If he was being totally honest with himself, Jughead would say that he had stopped hating Betty these past few months, and grown a bit of a crush on her. But they were still pretending to be enemies, for some reason. The pair had developed a nice friendship, so it was an act.

Betty, being completely honest, could not say that she hated Jughead anymore. If anything, the duo were friends. But they still pretended that they hated each other. She would also be lying if she said that she hadn't felt anything when she kissed him.

The pair couldn't speak, so in their thoughts. Neither wanted to be the first to break the silence, because they knew that it would involve talking about the kiss. Or sarcastic, snarky insults. Either way, it was best they had time alone with themselves, in their own world, before the outside one was made those vastly different worlds combine.

*Two months later*

"I love you," Jughead admitted while the pair were sat on their couch. They got married two months ago, but since then, they have become the best of flirtatious friends.

Betty immediately pauses the movie they were watching and bolts up. Did he just say that he loves her? She knows that she loves him too, but she didn't think anything of their flirting.

"I love you," she tells him, smiling. A smile breaks out across his face, and the pair giggle like they're in middle school and it's the first time they're saying those words.

😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑

Everyone, please eat.

Later loves,

~Ry