Hatred

Varchie

--

They hate each other. That's the one thing everyone at school knows without a doubt.

Well, not exactly.

Veronica stopped hating him sophmore year at Cheryl's party. They had a real connection... And he was hot. But there's no way she would ever tell anyone about that.

Archie never hated her; people just made assumptions about them since they would always argue. But the moment he realized he was in love with her was when they were sitting on the bleachers with Jughead, Kevin, and Betty in junior year.

The relationship was even a secret to their best friends; they kept up the act of hating each other only because it was fun.

But now, three days until graduation and completely drunk at a party, they forget about their fake hatred.

"Truth or Dare, V?" Betty asks the raven haired New Yorker and Veronica's drunken mind quickly decides.

"Truth." A little bit slurred, but it came out enough everyone could figure out what she was saying.

"Who are you dating?" The Cooper girl asks her best friend, who has no filter at the moment.

"Archiekins," Veronica says casually and everyone spits their drink into their Solo cup. "Since Junior year, actually."

"Arch? Is she lying?" Jughead asks his best friend, hurt.

"Nope." The redheaded boy smiles happily, pulling his girlfriend onto his lap.

Silence fills the room as everyone tries to understand what was just admitted. The pair being voted Most Likely To Get Into A Fist Fight now makes almost no sense, but no one cares about that that much.

"Oh my fucking God," Betty mumbles and Jughead nods. The couple are hurt that their best friends kept a relationship a secret from them.

♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋

I'm tired and this is bad.

There's a new boy in my grade.

Later loves,

~Ry