Three Times

The two times Betty decided and the one she didn't.

--

"Betty, will you go out with me?" Archie Andrews asks the blonde one bright fall morning. The pair were throwing a football on the Cooper's front lawn while their parents were shopping.

"Didn't you just break up with Veronica?" Betty scoffs at the name of her enemy by choice. The pair have hated each other since kindergarten, much to Archie's dismay.

Then again, the red headed boy was always dating around, collecting broken hearts. He'd boast to a lot of people about how he broke so many hearts, until one day Betty punched him in the nose, almost breaking it.

"Yes, I did. Betts, I like you, for real," Archie pleads with the blonde who can't administer sodium penothol into his bloodstream to check that he's not lying to get into her pants.

She's always had a bit of a crush on him, and it was only amplified this summer. Kevin was crushing on him, even, but since Arch was a straight boy and Kev wasn't a predatory gay, his crush would remain unrequited.

"Okay, I'll go out with you. But if you break my heart, I'll break your face," Betty threatens, agreeing to this relationship, which made her happier then it should've.

"I knew you'd say that," Arch laughs, and the pair continue playing football for another hour.

--
(3 days later)

"Betty!" Veronica Lodge calls to the blonds from the end of the hallway.

"What do you want, Veronica?" Betty sighs, walking towards the raven haired girl.

"I just wanted to warn you that dating Archie is a bad idea. I know we've had our moments of sabotaging each other, but I care about you, Betty. I don't want your heart to be broken by him," Veronica explains.

This bitch thinks I'm going to take her advice? Please. We haven't been friends since preschool, and that's because everyone was friends in preschool. She cares about me? That's new, Betty thinks while contemplating her reply.

"Thank you for your input, Veronica. I'll take your experience for consideration. It's nice to know you care about me," she says, faking a smile.

"No problem! We should hang out sometime. I have nail salon passes for tomorrow at three. Wanna go with me?" The raven haired girl asks, and Betty nods her agreement, kind of excited to go get her nails done.

--

"Betty, I like you," Jughead confesses at Homecoming, three weeks after Archie broke up with Betty. Betty was still upset, but she had found an unlikely friend in Veronica and Jughead. Cheryl, her best friend, had beat him up and broke his arm, so he couldn't play football nor music.

She sits, stunned for a moment, in her chair, trying to decide if she's having butterflies because of this knowledge or if they've been there all along.

"As a friend or..." Betty awkwardly asks him, as if they're in middle school again.

"Cooper, you know how I mean it," Jughead rolls his eyes at the now brunette, who he knows better then anyone and vice versa.

"I like you back," Betty says, not certain of her feelings, but sure that she has butterflies around him, and that he's her best friend- well, best guy friend. Kevin doesn't count as a guy friend and Archie and her aren't on speaking terms.

"Really?" A stupid grin plasters across his face, and she laughs at his self doubt.

"Yes, really. Shall we dance, sir?" She asks, pointing to the dance floor.

"We shall," he agrees.

--

"Betty, will you get back together with me?" Archie asks his neighbor one spring afternoon. The pair are back to normal, but she's still friends with Veronica and dating Jughead.

She just throws the football, not speaking. She's decided to not respond, but rather flip him off.

"C'mon, no one else is going to date you. I mean, come on, you died your hair this horrible color, and added extensions in an even worse one. And your makeup... It's horrible, and let's not get started on your horrible sense of style," the redhead criticizes her until he feels a stinging across his face.

"You bitch! You just slapped me! That's assault!" Archie shouts, aggarvated at the now pink and blue colored hair girl.

"Well, you shouldn't criticize my choices, Archie. I can't believe you get girls!" She shouts back, not talking to him.

Not making a decision was a great idea.

🧘🏻‍♀️🧘🏻‍♀️🧘🏻‍♀️🧘🏻‍♀️🧘🏻‍♀️🧘🏻‍♀️🧘🏻‍♀️🧘🏻‍♀️🧘🏻‍♀️🧘🏻‍♀️🧘🏻‍♀️🧘🏻‍♀️🧘🏻‍♀️🧘🏻‍♀️🧘🏻‍♀️🧘🏻‍♀️🧘🏻‍♀️🧘🏻‍♀️🧘🏻‍♀️🧘🏻‍♀️🧘🏻‍♀️

This was so bad, I'm sorry

Later loves,

~Ry