On Hold

Hey y'all,

So lately, there's been a lot of shit going on in my life. Some of it was boy related, some of it personal, all of it affecting me and what I felt like writing.

School had a lot more work than normal during the pandemic and that gave me anxiety about it, a feeling I wasn't used to.  This was the first time in months that I was worried about my weight, appearance, etc. It was really weird and new for me, who has, and I quote, "The self confidence the entire world should." It affected my writing and what I did with my time negatively to be honest.

I know for the past few months I've been doing a really crappy job at updating, and I'm sorry for that. I've even broken a promise I made to myself about this, that I'd always finish a book when I decided it was a good time to and never just leave a book abandoned.

Hell, there have been times that I had a fully completed draft... That I then deleted because it didn't work right or something and wasn't good enough for my standards. During this pandemic, I've become a perfectionist and much more Type A. I have nothing against that, but it was such a change. It took time to process that change especially.

While I do still love Kevin, Bughead, Choni, and Varchie, I need to take a step back and not update this book for a little while longer. I'm officially putting it on hold, and I'm not sure how long it will stay like that.

Of course, during this time, I might write a few drafts and publish them, but it's not likely. This book really does show the improvement, quality decreases and increases, and Phases of my writing. (Phases purposefully capitalized; those of y'all that have been around for a while will know what I'm talking about.)

Love y'all.

Later loves,

~Ry