Love Song

I don't know where this came from, but it's here now, so here you go. Bughead.

--

Betty Cooper, world famous singer. She was constantly in the news, "America's Sweetheart," they would say about her. Everyone loved her.

Okay, maybe not everyone loved her. But most people did. And she blocked all haters, proclaiming boldly on Instagram that she doesn't give a flying fuck if you don't like her; she ignores the haters. It doesn't matter who you are; she's not going to put a spotlight on you, but she's also going to ignore your existence.

Besides, who needs everyone's love when she has found a true, romantic, beautiful love with Jughead Jones? He may not be rich, or famous, but the pair met in high school Glee Club, and fell in love. It wasn't hard; it was terrifying and near impossible.

But they stayed together through it all, through Jughead dating Cheryl, Betty's now best friend and cousin, but former enemy, to breaking up two times, to almost not getting back together.

She considered not seeing him ever again, too. After he forced her out of the car, without him, to, and she remembers this line exactly, "Look, you’re gonna get on that train. Okay? And you’re gonna go to New York...And you’re gonna be a star...Without me. That’s how much I love you. You know what we’re gonna do? Surrender. I know how hard that is for you because of how hard you hold on to stuff … But we’re just gonna sit here and we’re just gonna let go and let the universe do its thing and if we’re meant to be together, then we’re gonna be together. Whether it’s in a little shoe box apartment in New York or on the other side of the world. Okay? Will you do that for me? Will you surrender?"

And surrender she did. Going to New York, without her love, was the hardest thing ever for her. When he finally came back from backpacking through Georgia, they broke up. She was heartbroken. Their breakup in freshman year was the worst thing she's ever experienced, and that includes death threats and cults that harvest organs.

The day the pair broke up, she flew back to New York and sobbed into a pillow for almost a week straight. Kevin couldn't even get through to her, he had to call Cheryl and Archie to help him. And that's when she realized, there's plenty of fish in the sea. Yeah, Betty was an aspiring singer, but she was also nothing if not flexible. So she started dating a guy, Chuck. He was, according to Cheryl, definitely a drug dealer.

Cheryl dug deeper, until one day, Chuck inexplicably moved out and broke up with Betty. Two heartbreaks in one year. She was a disaster. Only when Betty demanded answers did she find out that Chuck was cheating on her, and that Jughead had flown to New York the second he heard something was wrong with Betty. He then proceeded to beat the shit out of Chuck, as a warning. Yep, that's her former gang leader of an ex-boyfriend.

In the months after her and Chuck stopped going out, she got a record deal. All of her heartbreak was perfect song writing material, and she was an amazing artist.

Two weeks before news broke, she flew back to Riverdale, where Jughead was now teaching Glee Club. She entered the choir room, not caring that the Glee Club was practicing, and ran in front of him. "I'm home," she declared before shoving her lips onto his. He instantly kissed back, and it wasn't long before the pair were making out.

"So are we getting back together?" Jughead asked when the pair had dinner later that night at Breadsticks.

"Yes we are."

Back to reality. Betty had written a love song for Jughead, and was playing it for him today.

"Ready to hear it, babe?" The blonde asked, and he smiled widely.

"You know I love hearing your music."

I started singing when the music switched on, watching his facial expressions carefully.

"This is perfect
Come kiss me one more time
I couldn't dream this up
Even if I tried
You and me in this moment
Feels like magic only
I'm right where I wanna be

Everybody's talking about heaven like they just can't wait to go
Saying how it's gonna be so good, so beautiful
Lying next to you, in this bed with you, I ain't convinced
'Cause, I don't know how, I don't know how heaven, heaven
Could be better than this

I swear you're an angel
Sent to this world
What did I do right to deserve you, boy?
I could stay here forever
I'd be fine if we never had to even leave this room

Everybody's talking about heaven like they just can't wait to go
Saying how it's gonna be so good, so beautiful
Lying next to you, in this bed with you, I ain't convinced
'Cause, I don't know how, I don't know how heaven, heaven
Could be better than this

Everybody's talking about heaven like they just can't wait to go
Saying how it's gonna be so good, so beautiful
Lying next to you, in this bed with you, I ain't convinced
'Cause, I don't know how, I don't know how heaven, heaven
Could be better than this (heaven)
Could be better than this (heaven, heaven)

I swear, this is perfect
Come kiss me one more time

And come kiss me he does.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

We stan me doing a really cute update.

Song was Heaven by Kane Brown, which one of my friends sent me when he was going through a breakup and listening to love songs against my better judgement.

Later loves,

~Ry