Musicals

It's a known fact that Jughead Jones does not sing. Ever. For any reason. Never has, never will.

It's also a known fact that Betty Cooper can get him to do absolutely anything. The boy is whipped, okay? Don't judge him for loving his girlfriend.

Betty loves musical theatre almost as much as she does her boyfriend, and always participates in the musical, normally as the lead. And she was tired of Archie Andrews playing her love interest, because that's just weird and always caused a slight rift between Archie and Jughead.

So, she decided to use her powers of persuasion on Jughead. Just so that she wouldn't need to kiss Archie, or pretend they're in love. She loves him, but it's like he's her brother. No romance there.

"Hey Juggie, I was thinking," Betty starts, smiling sweetly at her raven haired boyfriend. Oh God, Jughead thinks, she's going to get something out of this.

"What were you thinking, Betts?" He asks, smiling. Nothing interesting is happening in the next few weeks, and he hasn't done anything horrible, so what could it be?

"I want you to be the lead in the musical with me. That way, I don't have to kiss Arch, you don't have to be uncomfortable. It's a win-win for the both of us." She beams her best smile at him, batting her eyelashes.

There's a brief silence where Jughead carefully mulls over his choices. He could either be in a musical, and he doesn't sing, ever, or have his girlfriend be pissed at him.

"Betty, you know I don't sing," Jug sighs, and Betty pouts.

"But I don't think your role involves that much singing! And which do you love more, your reputation or me?" She puts her arms around his neck and their heads next to each other, touching.

"I love you more, but babe, I'm not singing in a school musical that Kevin's directing. I know he's your best friend, but no," Jughead runs his hands through his hair, slightly frustrated.

"But baby, it would be so much fun! And we could do it together, and have fun with our friends," Betty protests, and he relents.

"Fine. I'll try out for the stupid musical."

"You're whipped!" Archie laughs from his seat on the couch, Veronica in his arms asleep.

"Shut up, lover boy," V laughs, before returning to her nap.

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

I wrote this at a basketball game.

Betty's a top.

Later loves,

~Ry