Not A Thing

It's not a thing.

Hooking up in the bathroom at Archie's party was never supposed to have an effect this huge on them. It was just supposed to be a fun, drunken, barely remember in the morning, fucking.

Well, life didn't agree with that statement, considering that she's late. Three days late. And for once in her life, she's waiting for blood to start coming out of her uterus, praying for it, even.

Cheryl gets a pregnancy test for her once she realizes that they've got too many tampons for a period week. She pees onto the stick and waits for the timer to go off.

Ding!

A plus sign appears on the stick.

Shit. She's pregnant. And it's Jughead's kid.

"You keeping it?" Cheryl asks her blonde friend when she notices she's not happy about this at all. No smile, no laugh, nothing.

Even though she's pro choice, Betty knows she wants to keep this kid. Of course, Jughead might not agree. And he knew he was the only person she'd had sex with in weeks.

Betty nods that she's keeping the kid, and starts thinking of how to deal with this information. "I've gotta go see Jug. I'll be back soon."

The test, wrapped in toilet paper, goes into her bag and she runs out of the house, to the car. She feels numb, nothing at all. Shock is the technical term for it.

--

He takes the news well, and now, nine months later, they're dating and Betty's going into labor with their baby girl. She's in labor for over twenty hours before the child finally comes out, wearing her mother as a pair of shoes for a minute before fully exiting the womb.

"Hey, babe, what should we name her?" Jughead asks the mother of his child when they're holding her.

"Braelynn Lilith Cooper," Betty announces, receiving a smile. They'd already decided she'd have her last name, since Betty was carrying a kid.

"Perfect, just like her."

So, it's now a thing.

🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

This is shit but I have no inspiration!

Later loves,

~Ry