Lover

I have P!NK's "So What" stuck in my head. I'm unsure of how to feel about this. Anyways, based off TATBILB. (If you haven't seen or heard of it, watch it on Netflix and/or read the book.) Basically, Betty is Lara Jean and Jughead is Peter. (BOOK AU)

-----

Betty POV

*Jughead and her have started "dating."*

"So, who are you to my sister, Jughead Jones?" Veronica asks Jughead and I don't think he knows how to answer this.

"Um, well, I guess I'm her boyfriend," he says and Veronica literally spits out the tea she was sipping. 

"WHAT?!?!? Betty, is this true?" she exclaims, and you can tell Jug's uncomfortable. Veronica and I are twins, but I've never had a boyfriend. She, on the other hand, has been in a long term relationship with Archie Andrews, my neighbor, since 10th grade.

"Yeah?" I say, rather unconvincingly. My cheeks flush from embarrassment, and I try to hide them in my lap.

"You say it like it's a question, B. Stop being so embarrassed about having a boyfriend," she says, and I breathe a sigh of relief that she approves.

"Well, at least she approves," Jughead says and I roll my eyes.

--------

*whenever Halloween is*

"Really, B? You couldn't get a Mary Jane costume?" Jughead says, and it takes every fiber of my being  to not punch him right then and there.

"What's wrong with V and I being Pink Ladies? You know, you should have a T-Birds outfit, like Archie here," I say, and I know he's kind of angry.

"I thought we were doing a couples costume, not you and Varchie doing one," he says, and rolls his eyes.

"You're lucky that I have prepared for this possibility, and have an extra costume that I think will match your costume," Jughead smirks, and I immediately shield my eyes. 

"Let me know when you're ready," I say, leaving him in my front yard.

--------

*ski trip*

"Betty, come on, will it kill you to sit with me?" Jughead argues, and I roll my eyes. I spent all week convincing Cheryl to go on this trip with me, the least I can do is sit with her.

"You know I spent all week getting her to come with me, Jug," I respond, and go to sit with her.

"Betty? What are you doing back here? Go sit with Jughead before my rattlesnake of a cousin gets to," she says, slightly waking up when I sit with her.

"But I want to sit with you," I whine, and she literally rolls her eyes into the back of her head. 

"Is this seat saved, Jones?" I hear Ethel say, and my instinct to sit with him kicked in.

"Yes, actually, for my girlfriend, Ethel. New one, not ex," he clarifies, and I walk over to where he is.

"Hey babe," I say, plopping down in the seat next to him. "Just had to go check on Cheryl. She's ninety seven percent asleep right now, so I figure that you'll be more interesting."

"You should realize I'm right more often, Cooper," he smirks and I gently slap him on the arm.

------

*NYD*

"Look, Jughead, I like you," I say bluntly, hoping that this'll end the argument we're having. He thinks I have a crush on Kevin, and that's gross.

"You what?" he says, and the surprise is evident on his face. I guess that being blunt with your fake boyfriend who you've recently developed another crush on really does defuse arguments.

"I like you. Not in a fake way anymore, but in a real, letter-writing way," I clarify, and he slowly smiles as this sets in.

"You do?" Juggie says, and his little smile that I love sets in.

"Yes, Jughead Jones, I have a crush on you," I say, and his smile turns into a smirk.

"Well, that's convenient, because I'm in love with you, Betty Cooper," he says, and I smile so wide that I'm surprised it fits on my face.

"You what?" I say, echoing what he said to me, and he laughs.

"You heard what I said, Cooper," he says, before kissing me. I kiss back, not caring who sees me kissing him in the Kavinsky's front yard.

----------------------------------------

I'm obsessed with Covinsky to the point that this is here.

My playlist was playing I Don't Love You by My Chemical Romance while I was writing this, and I was confused.

Comment requests because I'm out of ideas!

Also, sorry if I said Lara Jean or Peter at any time, but TATBILB is amazing, so you got this one shot.

Do y'all like the movie-based one shots?

Later loves,

~Ry