Over

Choni.

--

Cheryl POV

I don't know where my life went wrong, but I have a general idea of when it stopped going right. And it was when my girlfriend, Toni, dumped me.

Flashback

It's the one year anniversary of the best gay couple in the school: Toni and I. We have been planning our date for three weeks, which is a long time for us.

I love her with all of my heart, but not so much her friends. They're not exactly the nicest and most welcoming people, and they're honestly gossips. Whenever we're around them, I kinda just get quiet and watch the craziness instead of talking.

"Hey babe," I smile when she knocks on the door of Thistlehouse. I lean in for a kiss but she moves her head back and shakes it. Weird.

"Can we talk? Inside?" She asks, looking scared and confident at the same time.

*Yeah, of course. Do you want to go to my room to talk?" I ask, concerned. Did someone hurt her? I swear to God, if anyone hurt her, I will hurt them.

She nods, and so we walk up to my bedroom. Toni keeps walking ahead of me and dodging all contact; what's up with her today?

As soon as we sit down on my bed, she says, "I want to break up."

I can't process the words she just said, and I can feel my heart breaking. "Break up? Why?" I stutter out.

"You never talk to me around Sweets and Fangs and I want them around, and if you're not going to talk to me around them then this won't work because I want them around," Toni frowns, not on the verge of tears, but sad. "I'm sorry, but you'll find someone better who's best friend you like."

"What? I like them, but I love you. Don't you ever doubt that, okay?" I feel tears building up.

She sighs, "You never talk to me with them around, Cheryl. It's not working; you didn't talk to me for two days because of them."

"I will. I'll talk to them. I don't feel comfortable. But I'll make it work." I beg. This is not happening; I am not begging my girlfriend to stay with me.

"They've been with me longer and we've only been dating for a year, half of which you didn't talk to me during," Toni explains, voice steady. "I'd rather them around than you."

Hold up. "Are you breaking up with me? Because I love you and I'm absolutely fine with them." I ask, voice breaking.

"Yes. I'm sorry because I still love you but you didn't talk to me and that made me feel like you didn't want me around." She looks sad now; can I get her to change her mind?

"But I do want you around! It's just that you guys were doing your own thing and I felt like I was third wheeling but I don't say anything because if I make them mad, they'll start rumors about me and I don't want to deal with that." I start crying.

"I'm sorry, Cher, but I just don't feel like we're that good of a couple anymore if you're uncomfortable around my friends," she says, her voice cracking just the slightest bit. "But we can still be friends."

"I just don't like them kissing your hand and stuff. It honestly feels like you're ashamed of me because the one time we held hands, they weren't there. Do you have feelings still for them? You know what, obviously you don't like me very much if we're breaking up after a year. It's not even because you're not ready or lost feelings, it's because you have feelings for someone else. I guess I can respect that," I start crying steadily, mascara falling down my face. This is the worst day ever.

"You know what, Cheryl, I need a minute to think because Jughead flirts with me everyday and you don't care about him, but you care about them, and I tell you about him. You ignoring me because someone's flirting me is dumb. A real girlfriend would've told them off. Who cares if they spread rumors? You know I would've stood up for you. High school is stupid anyways. I get why you dumped Veronica now; you didn't want her to deal with your bullshit. Thanks for making me feel like crap. I don't want to be in a relationship with you anymore." Toni sasses me, and I stop crying.

"Wow. You have made me feel the worst I've ever felt in my entire life. Whatever. Since that's how you really think about me, we're done. I can't talk to you anymore. I thought you were better than them, but you're exactly like those boys." I am filled with rage.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" She shouts.

"They date for fun and dump people to keep a jar of hearts for dares. I guess you're no better than them."

"I didn't do that; I do love you. Stop saying shit about me when you don't see half of my life. If I ignored you for two days, you would've been pissed too." Toni's voice finally breaks.

"Veronica did the same thing," I say, just to put salt in the wound.

"Have a nice life, Blossom. Don't speak to me again." She walks out at that.

"You too, Topaz."

When I heard the door slam shut, that's when I realized what had just happened. I had just broken up with my girlfriend.

🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈

I'm tired and this is based off a real life thing one of my friends went through.

Later loves,

~Ry