Birthday Surprise

Jug likes musicals in this one, fyi.

--

It was a cold winter's day in Riverdale when Jughead Jones turns 18.

The boy wasn't expecting anything for his birthday; actually, he asked his girlfriend, Betty Cooper, to just arrange a small party with close friends and family if she insisted upon having a party at all.

That's how he ended up in the basement of the Andrews home with twenty other people, eating cake, dancing, singing, and having a great time altogether.

"Present time!" Betty announces, dragging the present table to the center of the room, where Jughead's sitting.

A bright blue bag is opened first, with a state-of-the-art typewriter from Veronica ("It's no big deal," she insists), a neon yellow bag with some musical soundtracks on a CD from Archie, who said he had to go to twenty stores to find the right CD, and a few more bags. Then, he just sees an envelope.

The card inside the envelope is from Betty, who says, "Read the card before you open up the paper." He does, reading a touching note from her inside.

Juggie,

I tried to find some poem, or a quote, or something that would embody my feelings for it. It doesn't exist. I love waking up with you everyday, your company, and everything about you. Even the damn beanie. Especially the damn beanie.

I hope that your present makes you a fraction of as happy you've made me.

I love you,

-Betty

"Betts, that was beautiful," Jughead tears up a little at the end of it. He pulls her onto his lap, giving her a kiss before opening the paper.

What's written on that paper makes him scream a shrill scream.

"What the hell did you give him, Betty? A nude or something?" Archie asks before Veronica playfully slaps his arm.

"No, you idiot. I got him a ticket to Hamilton on Broadway on the day all of the original cast is reuniting for a performance," Betty says, smiling widely while her boyfriend turns red from being unable to breathe. "Jug, Jug, Jug, breathe. It's okay, breathe."

"Oh my God!" Jughead exclaims, sitting down in the chair. "Thank you, Betty!"

"You're welcome, babe."

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Noslimeyboi gets to see Hamilton on Broadway, lucky.

Later loves,

~Ry