Tim shaw

At this point you could feel her breath against your lips. The blood still spilling out your nose but that was the least of your worries. She was awake. You smile leaning in too, closing your eyes and enjoying the moment that was coming.. but it never did.

"Quick! She just collapsed" your eyes snap to where the noise was coming from. You see the doctor unconscious in Ryan's arms as he runs up to the car. grace following not far behind. You snap out of the trace rushing to Ryan's side leaving Missy to huff in disbelief; of course the Doctor had to go ruining a perfect moment between you, that's all they ever do.

You check her pulses. You breathe out in relief as you felt the two heart beats thrumming against the pads of your fingers. Missy stood beside you looking between the doctor and you as Ryan still held the doctor tightly in her arms grunting at the weight of her.

"Oh your awake, love. You okay" grace asks in concern watching missy. Missy didn't reply but opened her mouth.

"Who's that? Y/n? Where's the doctor?" Missy asks watching you darting around the unfamiliar city for the familiar sense of the Doctor among the small crowd.

"That's her!" You reply. "She went and got herself killed!" You explained, looking down at the changed woman before you. It was like eyebrows had been removed completely and now left a hollow shell of what once was the Doctor.

"Oh" was all missy replied, you could see she was processing the information. A sad smile formed on her face as she looked away from the doctor in shame. Soon Ryan leads her over to the car placing her carefully against the window seat. You sit down beside her and missy.

The car ride was silent due to the tension in the air. You felt missy's hand interlink with your hands. You gave her a small smile before concentrating on the road in front of you.

"Place her down here!" Grace speaks as you all make your way into the living room. Ryan places her carefully on the sofa. She lays there with the soft yellow glow surrounding her, encasing her every breath that escaped her dry lips.

The Doctor wakes up, gasping. Your eyes snap to the blonde woman who is clutching her chest with small fragile fingers balled up into a fist. "Ah! Ah! Oh! Who woke me up? I'm not ready, still healing, still... oh. Can you smell that? No, not smell, not hear, feel. Can you feel...? Stay still, Ryan." You look carefully at Ryan unsure what the hell was happening. Missy at this point just sat down where the doctor had jumped from and looked down, you wasn't sure about how she was feeling as her face was blank.

"What is it? What's the matter?" He speaks looking at his Nan in horror.

The doctor plays with her collarbones. "Ah. Show me your collarbones." You All show her and you see Little red lights flickering by all of your clavicles.

"Oh, you've all got them." She speaks looking at missy who still hadn't looked up but her collar was out and you saw the light on her too dancing above her pale skin.

"So have you." You point out to the doctor. Your fingers still gazing over the bump on your collarbone.

The Doctor deflates running her own fingers over the new found object buried below her new body. "Yeah, I have. Okay. Really sorry. Not good news. DNA bombs. Micro-implants which code to your DNA. On detonation, they disrupt the foundation of your genetic code, melting your DNA. Fast and nasty and outlawed in every civilised galaxy." You chuckle slightly of course she would state the bad news to people who couldn't handle bad news.

"Well How did we get them?" You ask letting your fingers fall from it.

"Never mind that, are they going to go off?" Graham states in slight panic.