The tour

You walk in and take a look around letting Missy take the lead on this mission. You took your time to look around and take interest in the warehouse there only seemed to be a cleaner at work in the reception. As well as two inactive Delivery Bots at the back, and an active Bot in a different uniform by an open door to someplace else, you could tell the difference since the Active Bots have their eyes lit up.

Missy is talking to someone Behind the desk, a woman with an illuminated clipboard, whilst behind her a screen shows various Kerblam advertising posters. You just hope she was being nice. You caught up catching missy asking a question in a weird and unusual English accent. "Can you check again? We just came in from Kandoka. We must be on the list there somewhere." You struggled to stop yourself from chuckling at her behaviour.

The woman just flickered through the computer trying to answer Missy in a polite way. "Not expecting anyone new today. Didn't even know there was a shuttle coming in."

Missy twitched her eyelashes and let out a small giggle. "Do you mind if I take a look? It might just be the spelling. M- I-S-S-Y. By the way, this is our reference." She Holds up the psychic paper while sonicking the electronic clipboard- with your sonic. You pat your pockets and groan, how the hell did she manage that? You let it fall back in to her pocket but you make a mental note to get it back later.

"Oh, you're relatives of the First Lady?" You raised your brow but before you spoke Missy continued smiling widely.

"Oh, did she put that? We asked her not to. Didn't we, friends?" Missy seemed to have a hard time saying the word, you just cleared your throat and agreed pushing down the brakes on the baby's stroller.

"Well, there must be some m... Oh, no, here you are. Got you. Private shuttle landing. Sorry, person error. Me, I mean. Right, well, er, let's get you on this induction, then. Follow me, this way." She steps out to gesture the way but her footing comes to a hault as she looks over to the small child. "Oh I see you requested childcare, oh don't you worry one of the bots will do that now"

You watched as they took incubus stroller, maybe this wasn't a good idea you thought. Missy just tugged on your arm. "Come on, he'll be fine, we're solve this mystery and then back to the tardis" she whispered.

You let out a small huff of air and waved in his direction until he was out of sight. You all head towards an opening labelled Warehouse Floor - Fulfilment sections, wow this place was really big. You hear graham saying hello to the other workers.

You jogged a little getting closer to the front of your line. "Sorry, what's your name?" You addressed the woman.

"Judy Maddox. Head of People."

"Right" you nodded coming to a hault infront of another bot, you moved around it slowly looking it up and down.

"Good morning, new workers."

"Is it me, or are they pretty creepy?" Ryan addresses everyone in a small whisper.

You all just nod but missy had other ideas and bopped the teammates nose before chuckling to herself. "Right this way" Judy called from infront.

-

You are all scanned one by one, Graham first went first after a nudge from Missy. He glared at her slightly getting into the scanner.

"The System allocates work details based on fitness, stamina, dexterity and mental assessments." One of the TeamMate Bots walks past, It gestures for Graham to leave the scanner and Missy takes her turn smiling back at you.

"The TeamMates are the friendly face of the System. They're here to assist and to supervise the organic workers." She continued watching Missy as she watched the lights dance across her body.

"Organic?" Graham added on the other side of the room.

"Oh, sorry. Listen to me. You get so used to the jargon. Gone native. Two hearts?"

"Courtesy of the First Lady of course. Very good healthcare policy, So, Kerblam is completely automated?" Missy jumped from the scanner after a wave from the woman.

You stepped in, hearing the scanner power up and the lights trailing around you. "We'll seems like it, you too?" She whispered most likely looking at your two beating hearts. "Anyway No. Ninety percent, as per Kandokan guidelines. Proud to be a certified Ten Percent People-Powered Company. I know some people are against quotas, but I am all for that one. Mind you, I would say that, Head of People. Self-interest. It's funny, I don't normally talk this much." The power goes down after your turn and Ryan enters the scanner with a worried look.

"Oh. Don't worry. It'll come back online in a moment." And it does.
"Build a warehouse on a moon, it's never going to be perfect. We get the occasional power drain, it's down to the self-optimisation systems."

"Good to know" you whispered looking around the room letting them emerge into small talk.

-

"Right, time for the tour" she spoke cheerily heading back to the door. You snapped out of your trance and followed them closely.

The tour became boring fast but lucky for you Missy kept her busy by asking questions in a English accent that bounces across the nation.

You all came to a hault, you hoped this was the last of the tour, there's only so much you can inorge. "And this is Final Checks, where parcels are inspected, sealed and go down the hatch to Dispatch. Through this hatch beats the heart of the Kerblam operation. Hundreds of conveyors pumping parcels down to our fully-automated lower level. From Dispatch, our postmen retrieve the parcels and teleport direct to the customers. Any questions?" You did zone back into the last bit though, letting a smile appear on your face.

"Can I do the packing slips?" You asked rasing a hand. It seemed like a good place to start.

"Sorry, only purple GroupLoops work the packing stations." You look down at your grouploop and it's blue. Graham and Ryan have purple, Yasmin has red whist Missy's is white.

You hear Missy let out a quiet Oh and frown. "Leisure breaks in the HomeZone. Right, I'll leave you in the capable hands of the TeamMates. I'll be checking in on you, make sure you're okay. Got to keep an eye on the ten percent. As my dad used to say, go, Organics! He was a bit odd, my dad."
Judy leaves in slight embarrassment shaking her head.

You see missy bending down slightly taking the sonic and using it on her ankle before Graham's. "Stand still, Graham." She whispered yelled grabbing his leg in response.

"What are you doing?" their GroupLoops switch the colours and she smiled, flipping her head back up.

"Switching jobs with you. I need purple. Whoever sent that message had access to the packing stations. That's where I need to be. I thought you lot would be smarter, guess the doctor really isn't missing out on anything" missy gives him a sour look.

He was about to protest but you are all approached by a bot, you didn't think you get use to their happy tone. "Hello, co-workers. We're so thrilled to have you with us. Yasmin Khan and y/n Song, please come with me. Ryan Sinclair and Missy with my colleague to the left."

"Meet at break time in the Home Zone?" Everyone nodded at yazs question, looking at one another before you would all head of to your own section of work.

"Here, here, hold on. What about me? Where am I going?" Graham asked stoping the bot from continuing, another TeamMate holds up a mop and bucket.

"Graham O'Brien. A very warm welcome to Premium Maintenance." You try to suppress a snigger as so do the others.