Silence...again

You suddenly drop the delivery bots head to the floor causing the others to slightly jump out of the way as parts flew off its loud impact with the concrete floor. A small cog bouncing of the tip of your black boot and flinging itself across the floor to the farthest corner of the room.

You glare at Missy as she simply keeps a straight face putting the gun back into the jackets pocket without a word. The others seemed to leave it to you both as Judy went to say something but was stopped as gestured away by Yaz who looked at you sympathetically as you widened the gap between you and Missy talking a couple steps backwards until your back came into contact with the smooth side of the counter top. The boys kept their eye flicking between both you and Missy seeming ready to jump in if they needed too but Yaz pulled Graham's hand and told them to leave too, they looked at you to receive some sort of sign to which you gave a small smile telling them to go.

"Kerblam is experiencing a momentary technical difficulty. Our expert engineers are already working to get the systems up and running again as quickly and safely as possible. In the meantime, why not consider a personal mindful moment?" The voice over could be heard and the restless footfall of the workers rushing to the home zone only to leave you and Missy back in the silence that was becoming harder to bear. She seemed to watch your expression from the corner of her eye, her lashes blocking your view of her widening pupils.

You shook your head when the last person could been seen leaving, the door behind him shutting with a small kick and letting the natural sunlight return to the outside, leaving a small dim in the reception area. "You killed him" you whispered softly feeling like you needed to start somewhere, watching her scrunch up her face at your 3 little words.

"Mercy kill" she shrugged taking off your jacket and folding it over her arm. Her arm hairs seemed to raise at the impact of the cold breeze.

"And that makes it okay?" You scoff, taking a look at her, her gaze already watching you. "Thought you changed" you spat frowning your brows together.

She chuckled slightly annoyed but also hurt at your statement hiding her face slightly as she looks at the closed door. "And you would have him blow up instead, would you dear? Cos you are so fucking perfect? I did it because it was the right thing to do... the compassionate thing to do" she trailed of into a whisper and you felt the knot in your stomach tighten almost suffocating you as your breath staggers. Your brows instantly dropping back into a relaxed state. You watched her eyes start to glaze over, the broken look of her pain returning.

"I'm sorry" you whispered finding it difficult to argue with her logic. She did make the hardest decision but she had his pain in consideration to which made you smile at her efforts to be good.

"Whatever, lets get out of here" she whispered her tone almost robotic like.

"Missy wait! Missy come back please" you begged watching her already letting the door swing back shut. You ran towards the door hoping that you would catch up with the time lady but your body bumps into somebody else. Someone with a small frown as she eyed you watching your face fall as the time lady grew further away in the background slightly covered by Yazs figure.

"Oh y/n are you alright?" She asked watching you step back about to apologise for your collision.

"No Yaz not really!" You snapped, glaring to where you last saw Missy.

"Sorry-."

You shook your head quickly flicking your gaze back to Yaz who frowned and cross her arms slightly hurt by your words. "No im sorry, I shouldn't have snapped. It's just, just-."

"Missy?" You let out a small sigh in response to her question.
"I understand"

"I love her like crazy but starting to feel like this is all wrong, you know can't believe am about to say this but maybe the doctor was right" you chuckled slightly using your fingers to brush through your hair, your locks slightly tugged at the action.

"Nope. No I'm gunnu stop you right there! The doctor is mostly right like 99% right most of the time but this! No she isn't right about you and missy and neither are you, Missy has done a lot in her past and I admit it's really scary but looking at them all, they never hurt you and if they can do that to there supposedly best friend- y/n what am saying is what must the master/missy whatever think of you?" She finished in a rhetorical question, your eyes shot up to her in disbelief, Yaz was giving relationship advice? You chuckled slightly giving her a small smile.

"You- whoa what have you done to yasmin Khan? That that was really sweet and hopefully I mean it hopefully might be right, come here you" you grabbed her arms from her crossed position and pulled them away from her chest and attacked her into a tight hug as a thank you for her kind and encouraging words. She melted into it and you admitted to yourself that you definitely needed to hug people more often.

"Sorry to interrupt but thought you wanna see this little guy" Graham cleared his throat bouncing the child in his arms. He had the jumpsuit of this time and settled back into his jacket.

"Aw here he is! I've missed you, okay let's go say bye to the others and get back to the ship" you pulled back quickly taking the child with a wide smile causing it to appear on his face too.

"Sounds good" Yaz spoke softly shrugging before she took her middle finger to tickle incubus small cheek earning a small laugh from the child.

You walked with Yaz and Graham to the Home Zone where you placed incubus in the pram, Missy wasn't watching you and tried her best to inorge your presence at all. You just rolled your eyes her way and face Judy and slade.

"We're suspending all operations for a month, pending review and while the TeamMates are rebuilding Dispatch."

"All our workers have been given two weeks' paid leave, free return shuttle transport. And I'm going to propose that Kerblam becomes a People-Led Company in future. Majority organics. People, I mean. We're always looking for good workers to join our management team." Judy continued letting her arms fall to her side.

"Er, thanks. We're strictly freelance" you answered looking back over to Ryan who was crouched down to incubus and playing with his tiny fingers.

"Yeah but thanks for the offer" Yaz smiled softly tapping Ryan to make him rise to his feet.

"Right come on guys!" You exclaimed taking the breaks from the pushchair, giving one last look over to the two.

Missy pushes past you taking incubus pushchair from your grip and strolling off in the direction of the tardis.

"Youre in trouble mate" Graham whispered trying to make sure that Missy wouldn't overhear but you couldn't even tell what the time lady was thinking or if she was even listening in at all

"Yeah guessing your sleeping with one eye open"

"Ryan!" Yaz yelled slapping his shoulder.

"What, I mean no Missy is so reasonable" he laughed softly rubbing his shoulder and walking faster in front leaving you with a frown.