Drinks and company

"You might wanna slow down there fellow" he smiled softly, taking his own drink to his lips but watching as you downed another glass of pure whiskey this time, your tenth straight cigarette in the last hour balancing in your other hand.

"You don't know me" you stuttered letting the ice in the glass bounce up and back down again in the glass as it came to the wooden bench.

"Well let me" he smiled scooting closer, pouring you some more with a small grin plastered on his face. "Tell me your name"

"Oh me? Ahah I'm John smith" you quickly spoke lying through your teeth as you took a slower sip of your new drink, letting the taste wetten your dry mouth.

"Interesting, I knew a John smith once. Well I suppose I still do anyway nice to meet you John, my name is dominus"

"dominus?" You asked frowning a brow as you tried to think straight, something about the name triggered your mind but fell flat as your mind shut down, turning the lights around you into pretty streams of stars.

"Eh I travel" he chuckled, letting his hand cup his glass, you looked over and noticed that he had hardly touched his drink, the same warm liquid occupying his glass. The only sound coming from his glass was the click of the metal ring on his finger coming to contact with the glass.

"Where's it from?" You asked turning your head to face him but your body closed off.

"I? Oh aha It it comes from Spain" he started of stuttering gaining your attention to his fidgeting, his hand running through his hair, brushing it back away from his face as long messy strands attacked his face. Although to you the hairs looked dead and unnatural.

"You don't seem so sure" you quickly repiled, raising your brow as you took a drag of your cigarette, flicking of the end, letting the ashes fall upon the table.

"I mean it definitely does" he said this time with more confidence, placing his palms flat on the table, giving your gaze more access to the ring on his finger, it was a chunky one, a flat circlar disk shape on the end but the patteren was too scattered due to the alcohol in your system making everything slightly more blurry.

"Okaaay" you drew out letting it go. You mentally went to take another drag but the cigarette was already gone causing you to let your fingers fall in a sigh.

"Why are you here?" He asked again, eying the nearly empty bottle of whisky he had brought out from the bar. He chuckled watching your movements and taking out the cigarettes that you swore he hadn't touched.

"Drinking" you muttered like it was the easiest thing to say as you took another swing at your drink. "You've got good taste" you muttered glancing at the pack of cigarettes, your favourite brand and all, you noted that you had already burned your way through over half of the pack.

"I mean, what brought you here, guy trouble?"

"Aha no, more like a girl" you chuckled softly, rubbing your neck, you weren't sure if you were okay talking to a complete stranger about your troubles especially because you were alien, that shit doesn't add up in human relationships.

"A girl?" He spoke almost confused as he eyed you up and down again. Did he think you were gay? You thought letting him admire you anyway.

"Yeah a girl" you groaned, rubbing your eyes as the garden danced before you. You couldn't bring yourself to go into great detail about your problems with Missy mostly because you were getting too drunk to care about her assumptions about everything you did.

"What's her name?" He asked carefully.

"Why are you interested?" You shot back, gulping some more now warm whiskey. Your words came out harsher than you expected but the sudden outburst didn't seem to fase him and he continued to pour some more drink into his glass quietly.