Falling

The grey Volvo parks outside the building site, you all rush out quickly following the doctors lead which with the regeneration energy swirling around her wasn't much to rush your legs to move faster. The doctor runs up to the hole Which has made probably by the alien. You all walk through the security fencing and you find yourself wondering up to a security hut and find a cold body. A body that had got closer to Tim than you would have ever wanted to be "Oi doc over here!" You shout as you hear Karl on the radio. "Dennis, I need help! Somebody's on my crane!"

The doctor rolls her eyes and steps out to the others, you watch as she looks up to the crane. "Oh, great. Karl's a crane operator. He would be, wouldn't he?" She said with a scoff looking at the looming crane shadowing over you all.

"It's over there." Ryan points after noticing the doctors gaze.

"And that creature's guarding the bottom of it." Graham adds.

The Doctor spins on her heels quick with a plan following close behind. "Graham, Grace, need you to take this equipment and get everybody off this site. Don't care how. Use your initiative. Do not come back in, understand? Missy, y/n guard the bottom of the crane, find out how to get to Karl. Ryan, Yaz, how are you with machinery, and heights?" You all nod. You take off to the bottom of the crane with Missy.

You weren't sure how you could do this you thought to yourself looking at the menacing creature only metres away from your head.

"Right" you start. "We'll have to go around it." Missy's eyes widen. You just smile and rush up.

About half way up you notice the coil switch cranes but Tim shaw wasn't to far, you quicken your pace. You weren't sure what you would do when you caught up with him but you figured you would have a plan when you reached the top.

"Oi! Karl from the train. Up and over! Up and over!" You hear the doctors voice which was called from the other cab. You roll your eyes and gaze back to missy below you. "Hey love" you give her a smile.

Your eyes wonder back up the the cab as you watch Karl climb out of the hatch. Tim Shaw wasn't far behind. You breath was rapid and it was freezing.

You reach the top but you were sure you were out of time when you see the creature dragging Karl back towards you. You jump out quickly with missy right beside you.

"Let him go!" You and the doctor shout, he looks both ways to each of you.

"You're surrounded" you shout begging for the attention to be granted your way so Karl could make a quick escape. He just stands there looking for a way out.

In that second you watch as The Doctor takes a run up, and just manages to grab onto Karl's crane. "Oh, my God." You and missy say while watching her haul herself onto the jib.

"I've got this. Let him go... or I destroy this." You watch her with a raised eyebrow as she Searches pockets. "Really need a new coat. This." She pulls out A glowing red gizmo, smirking.

"The recall from the pod you travelled in. I took it out. Without this, you can't get home. Yeah, see? Now you're worried. If I fall, this falls with me. Then you're stuck." She lifts her hand over the crane as a threat, the gadget hoovers miles from the ground.

"Give me the circuit or I detonate the bombs placed in your friends." He glances at you and missy Before turning back to the doctor.

"More weapons. Did your pet put one in Karl too?" She shouts, raising an eyebrow.

"There was no need. He was tagged. He is the trophy." He speaks. You close in slowly trying not to get noticed.

"I thought as much. Right, you detonate the bombs, I'll destroy the recall. So, what are we going to do? Poor Tim Shaw. The wannabe leader who has to cheat because he knows he's unworthy. See, that's why I know you won't detonate. Although, you could prove me wrong cos we're all capable of the most incredible change. We can evolve while still staying true to who we are. We can honour who we've been and choose who we want to be next. Now's your chance. How about it?" The doctor lectures him and you just roll your eyes.

"Who are you?" He asks the doctor.

"Yes. I'm glad you asked that again. Bit of adrenaline, dash of outrage, and a hint of panic knitted my brain back together. I know exactly who I am. I'm the Doctor. Sorting out fair play throughout the universe. Now please, get off this planet while you still have a choice." You smile widely, the doctor was back.. your family was back.

"I choose to win." He shouts as he presses an activation button, and a few moments later drops his faceplate and starts to scream in pain. You chuckle moving beside the doctor. Missy did too as she entangles your fingers together.

"Sorry. I removed those nasty little things from my friends - Swiss Army sonic, now with added Sheffield steel - And I implanted them back in your creature. Your transference wasn't just data, it was physical. You got everything transferred to you, including five tiny bombs. You had a choice. You did this to yourself. Go home." The Doctor throws the recall circuit to Tzim-Sha, who has started to melt under the pressure and intense tingling of the bombs pumping into his dna melting him from within.

Your eyes snap to Karl as he kicks at him and Tzim-Sha falls through the broken hand-rail, you watch over the barrier to see him putting the recall circuit onto his chest and vanishing in a second.

"I am important!" He speaks shouting at the now vanished alien.

"You had no right to do that!" The doctor speaks turning around gesturing to follow.

You hear a cry as you all jump from the ladder onto the ground below you. You notice grace laying on the hard concrete. You walk over closing in to the crowd, she was gone. You turn away not wanting to look at her lifeless body.

Half a hour later and there was still no words exchanged as the ambulance arrived an took graces body. Missy came up to you and took your hand in hers and smiled sadly at you as your gaze fell back to the floor. She tugged your arm as a gesture to follow her, the others not missing the unmentioned gesture causing you all to return to the car.

You returned home not feeling up for another adventure just yet. You just hoped that next time no one would get hurt but then again no one could ever promise life when on the ship with the woman who loses everyone.