Cool down

"It was nice seeing you too, sorry about- yeah thanks, bye" you could hear Yaz call out to the doctor, closing the door after giving another wave to the baby face doctor with the bow tie, making sure she gave him another look taking every detail in before she came into view of the shut doors, the tardis wobbling as she left straight away.

Yaz nudged the others into the dim console room where you were perched on one of the stairs, your feet crouched infront of you. The hum of the tardis was no help and no one made any other attempts to get something out off you.

Incubus at this point was back into his makeshift holder across the room, babbling away trying to capture the swirling controls of the tardis console in his small hands. The tardis seemed to be occupying him as she let out a stream of colourful lights that danced infront of his view causing the baby to try to catch them with in his palm.

Missy herself didn't know what to say and by the cold look on your face she was right to not disturb you but that didn't seem to warn Graham who leaned on the console directly infront of you. "Y/n are you okay? We were gunnu go fetch some tea Eh, want us to get you anything?" He asked carefully counting his coins as the tardis came to a hault in Sheffield.

When you stayed put still watching the metal flooring below your boots Ryan pulled the fabric of grahams sweater gesturing to the door with his head. Yaz waiting patiently at the door with her mask, cupping it over her ears. "Come on Grandad" he whispered.

Without another word between them, the three headed out. Missy coughed softly, Her body coming to sit beside you. You let out a small thank you as she passed you a lit cigarette, placing it into your lips, yourself crossing your eyes before realising it's certain taste.

"Your welcome" she let her hands fall back into her lap where they met each other, her nails used to scratch and pick at the other. She opened her lips to speak up "We should"

"Let's not" you sighed followed by a large hit of the fag, making sure that the thin smoke twirled around your lungs before escaping between your closed lips, a straight line of smoke heading towards the consoles fans, making it disappear. You really weren't up for talking about it anymore, she didn't even trust you so what difference would it make.

"So you weren't a solider?" She chuckled lifting her tone to gain your attention. A sharp ping in one of your hearts, caused you to shuffle closer into the railing trying to inorge the pain radiating from her slight touch of your shoulders.

"I remember saying something along the line" you scoffed turning to face her to instantly catch her frown.

"I should've listened" she forced out, almost like she didn't want to admit it. Then again the master never wanted to be in the wrong, why is it that they can't just be a decent person when it comes to apologising you thought.

"Ah sounds like a plan, maybe next time" you chuckled dryly, turning from her gaze and looking back towards the smoke infront of you with a sad smile. You stood up suddenly, making a bee line to the door and swinging it open with a harsh force, it slammed against the wall making the tardis scream out but you had to get out of there. She was too suffocating right now. "You can't just pick and choose when to trust me Missy" and then you left, leaving the small tears escaping from her glassy eyes to roll down her rosy cheeks.

You didn't know where to go but anywhere was better than staying in there with missy. You settle on a small pub, close to the tardis so you knew how to get back- but you weren't really sure if you wanted too. "Vodka please" you called out letting the waiter take your order. He was a ginger guy with the matching beard although it was captured by a black mask across his nose and his open mouth.

"Single or double?" He asked nicely, taking in the rough look on your face, his eyes settled on the busted bloody knuckles on your hands, your veins popping violently from your skin.

"Bottle" you monotoned, spinning the bar coaster with your fingers. Inorging the look of an strangers stare across the bar, his eyes darting down wards as he saw the cold look painted on your face.

"Rough day eh?" The waiter laughed collecting the bottle and placing it infront of you with a small shot glass that you eyed in amusement before drinking straight from the bottle. He watched with a raised brow as the liquid poured quickly in your mouth without a breathing moment, letting the burning alcohol fill your stomach. "That could kill you, ya know" he pointed out in a whisper, looking around quickly to see if anyone else just saw you down a whole bottle.

You softly let the bottle hit the table. "Now, you got any cigarettes?" You smirked looking at his gobsmacked expression.

"I've got one mate" the stranger smiled eyeing you up and down as you lips tugged upwards giving a more approachable look.

"Brilliant" you clapped your hands together following the man out to the smoking shelter. The bartender already making up your next drink. You knew full well that this was going to be a long night of drinking away your problems