Knowing

You all return to the reception. "I'm sorry but are we gunnu talk about ya know the baby?" You ask placing the frown back on your face, as you worry for your son. You take a look around to make sure no bots had their eyes on you, you didn't need to put incubus as a target.

"The childcare providers work on a completely different area of the warehouse, no bots have access which is important in situations like these" Judy reassures just following along with you all to wherever Graham was taking you to.

You roll you eyes coming to a hault. "Ah yes because they really do seem to do what you say" you push without thinking, Missy frowned patting your back.

Ryan leans forward to the glass case you all stopped at reading aloud. "Kerblam Delivery Bot version 1.0. Also known as Twirly." You could tell thatThe display case contained some sort of a device with a dome-shaped top which can turn around, and three short 'legs'. It has a central camera lens. Total height about 18 inches, half a metre. You noted watching graham lower the glass.

"I don't think we should do this. If Mister Slade finds out..." Charlie worries taking the pad of his thumb to his lips and looks around as if slade would appear just at his name.

"Leave Slade to me. Let's just hurry up before the TeamMates come on their patrol." Judy interjects gesturing for you to hurry, you use your sonic to activate Twirly.

"Well must be going now Twirly" you sigh picking it up and nodding your head back over to the corridor where you all rush. Damn got quite a weight to it for a little guy you thought to yourself cradling it in both hands.

Judy stops calling out to you all.  "I've just had a notification that one of the workers from Packing has gone missing. Her GroupLoop's disappeared right off the System. Name of Kira Arlo?" She reads lifting her eyes to look at you directly as she finished. You instantly look to Charlie as do the others.

"I thought you said the System didn't notify you when someone went missing." Missy added taking her hands into her jacket with a suspicious look upon her face.

"Well, it didn't until now. It's like it's sending us a deliberate message."

"It knows we're onto it." Ryan added causing you to scrunch up your face slightly, could that be it? You thought letting your mind with certain questions like why now?

"Where was her signal last recorded?" Charlie pushes nudging you right out of your thoughts as he fiddled in his stance with urgency.

"Er... Dispatch." Judy answers pressing the screen like there had been a mistake.

"That's not possible. No people are allowed down there" you watched as Missy raised her brow at that, to which she must of caught his uncomfortableness. You sighed turning back to them still holding the device carefully in your arms.

"Dispatch? Foundation levels, right? Where the power's drained down to." You explained

"How do we get to her?" Yaz asked taking her hands from her coat as she was ready to help. You slightly tensed you didn't like the idea of them rushing off.

"You can't. It's fully automated. There's not even a route down." Judy frowns looking at Charlie as he pulls his hair in fists.

"But she got down there somehow." Yaz pushed.

"You get what you need from that robot. Yaz, Charlie, come with me. We'll find Kira." Ryan points to you and tries to take of without another word but his arm is caught around Graham's grip.

"Hang on, how are you going to get down there?"

"I know how these places work." Ryan explained shrugging his arm from his Grandads grip with a reassuring smile and jogging off with Yaz and Charlie. You watch as their bodies come out of view and sigh, you really hoped that would stay safe and not do something reckless. You wouldn't be able to face the doctor if anything had happened to her fam.

You press your lips together, too much to do, so many people to worry about you thought taking off to the Maintenance store where graham held the door open and rushed you inside. Missy wondered over to a twirly chair and occupied herself in it spinning around slowly with a bored expression on her face. Judy stood with graham and watched you set the bot down. "Hey graham pass me that cable" you ordered routing it up to the little guy.
Once that was finished you continued to sonic it into action.

"Alert. You may also like to know we have a one-hour offer on cushions! Cushions liven up the grimmest workplace, like this one." It expressed with the greatest digs you had ever heard from a robot.

"Twirly, hi. I'm y/n, and this is Missy, Graham, and Judy. And can you pause all sales protocols for a bit? You've just had a nap of about two hundred years, so your offers are out of date anyway."

"Without upselling, my only purpose is delivery." It continues not understanding your former statement to a great degree. You shook your head.

"We don't need you do that either, mate." Graham interjected saving you from explaining it to the small robot.

"The future is very confusing for my protocols. I serve Kerblam, and Kerblam serves the people."

Judy takes a leap forward causing the bot to look her way as she holds up her id. "Which is why we need your help. These are my Kerblam credentials, my own executive read-code. We need you to carry out a task which may fundamentally save Kerblam."

"I am only a delivery bot."

"See, now you've made it nervous."

"It's a robot" Missy said flatly, placing her cheeks in her palms and leaning her elbows on the desk.

You inorged her comment and continued to circle the table to gain its attention. "Don't panic, Twirly. You can do this. It's possible that Kerblam has been compromised. I'm going to patch you into the System. I need you to look far and wide, past new upgrades and firewalls and security patches, into the base code that only you can recognise, and then you can tell us what's going on and deliver the information to us." You ordered hoping that it would follow.

"Retrieve and deliver. I understand."

Great you thought taking the cable and patching it into the bot. "This might tickle." You plug in a DIN connector which has the Kerblam computer terminal on the other end. Sparks fly in all directions missing your face within near inches. You fling back unharmed but raise a brow as the robot screams.

"Help me, help me, help me!" You race forward missing the sparks once again and unplug him with a tug at the wire.

Missy even raises her face from her palms clearly interested, she rose from her chair and approached you. "What happened?"

"Why are you saying that?" You asked dropping the wire through your fingertips letting it hit the table with a small thud.

"Not Twirly speaking. The System. Kerblam. Help me, Y/N Help me. Help me, Y/n Help me." It begged.

"Oh! The System sent the message. It printed the slip. It sent it out." You face palmed, why didn't you recognise this earlier you thought, slightly annoyed it took you that long. Missy wore a faux shocked face which only pushed you further. "You knew!" You shook your head pointing at her with your accusation.

Graham frowned his brow together watching Missy's smirk grow wider on her face. Judy looked her way with a confused gaze.

She brings her hands infront of her and clasps them together in a slow clap. "Oh see that took you a while! I was expecting a wee bit quicker pet, I'm actually reaaallly suprised"

"Stop it!" You snapped unable for even look at the time lady. "Peoples lives are at risk and you let this go on longer than it should have, I'm done with your games" you spoke quieter under your breath even though you knew full well she heard every word.

Graham shook his head approaching you a bit closer as you took a hand to run over your face. "But why would the System need help?"

"Twirly, what do you mean? What sort of help? How can we help?" You pushed already feeling like you've lost enough time.

"Help required in Dispatch. Help in Dispatch. Urgent help."

"Doc, they've all just gone down there." Graham announces making you all remember about the missing presence of the others.

You glared immediately at Missy, "this is not happening!" You whispered yelled.