Work

"So what is it that I will be doing again?" You asked rasing a brow at the bot. You leaned against a metal table after entering the room the teammate had taken you to.

"Welcome! You are keblams new mechanic or if you like keblams special fixer. Y/n Song your placement in the warehouse requires you to fix our broken models. Your tools can be found to your left, please use the blue high vis to behind your chair."

"Oh. Well the pay better be good" you groaned softly taking the high vis and adding it to your layer of clothing. You took a minute to take in your area, seemed like you were the only living being, the room was empty and the only company was the teammate and the broken models scattered on multiple boxes and tables.

"So models ay? Ever thought about changing your creepy faces?" You whispered under your breath eyeing the bot nevertheless. You fell back into the chair and relaxing your muscles under its comfort- and it rolls. You cheekily grinned at the bot and scooted over to the table of disabled delivery bots. "So what happened to these guys then?" You turned in your chair watching it stand there with its eyes brightly watching your moments.

"Found in restricted areas of kerblams warehouse. These delivery bots need your expertise to correct their programming." It explained not taking its eyes of you.

"...right. Though bit werid don't you think? Rouge robots? See when did that ever go well?" You thought harder brushing your hands over their parts, wires seemed to be pulled apart like by someone's bare hands- which only meant that it was on purpose, well who would want to do that to a robot you thought. You toyed with the frayed wire and sighed collecting some new wiring to connect to the bare system, you would hope that it would give you a closer look about what was going on in the bots head. "Yo you ... thing mac thingy thing pass me a wire cutter would ya?" You snapped your fingers in the direction of the toolbox across the room. You held the wires with your free hand.

The bot lit up. "Of course, glad to be of assistance" he passed you the cutters and held the whole tool box with the other placing it on the bench with a small tud.

"Right lets get your stripped down code first- Ooh saucy... anyway" you connected the fresh wire from the bot up to the computer at the end of the metal bench. It was just in need of the sonic, you groaned remembering that the time lady had taken it. You dug through the tool box with your hands landing on a soldering iron. You smiled in relief having to go a bit old school. "Guessing the voltage here, so if you here a boom probs best to run in the opposite way. Let's see here..."

The computer made a noise that sounded too much like a ear bleeding scream but it didn't seem to blow up which was a plus. You slammed down the escape button causing the code to disappear from the screen.

"...seems like you've got a malfunctioning system" you spoke in the direction of a teammate.
The lights start flickering around you only adding to your statement, the room went black completely although warmed up by a gentle red dim of the backup lights. You spin in your chair to look at the computer that's down, only showing your reflection and the teammate behind you, his eyes flickered to but still continued to talk back.

"Great work! You are not required by the system, please return to your section of wor-."

"Temporary functionality issues. Team 9, please take an emergency rest break in the Home Zone now." His words were quieted by the voice over entering the speaker. He went completely off causing you to push him in place watching him rock back without a sign of life.

You raised a brow looking upwards towards the Celling listening carefully to the voice over. "Looks like works been cut short" You span off your chair in annoyance, well finally you thought, hopefully the others had better luck on this you. You sighed running your palm though you hair and down your face.  "For a moment thought I was stuck in a minimal paid job"