The attic

You were all crowded in the large Attic of the house. Missy looked around with her hands Despite Sarah Janes warning of the old artefacts that she collected most from her travels with the doctor. You smiled at that, you always wondered what happened to the people that the doctor left behind and wondered about all the life's she had touched and changed but then there was the ones you had seen especially clara, the certain woman on your mind time to time. How many times did they die for her? You thought. How many people had to die for the doctor?

Your depressing thoughts cut short as the leader spoke up. "The Doctor was found ten thousand light years away by a race called the Shansheeth. They sent us this. It's called an epitaph stone. It's a recording device, the equivalent to a death notice. The Shansheeth are what you might call intergalactic undertakers."

Sarah Jane shook her head quickly in disbelief. "Oh, come on. This is ridiculous. There's no such thing."

But she was outspoken by the talking computer behind her that sparked missy's interest and she continued to poke at his controls. She let out a small huff as a part flew of the computer earning a snigger from Ryan at her side. He picked it up and shoved it randomly against the console "Sarah Jane, I can confirm the Shansheeth are known throughout the universe as the carers of the dead. It is said they trawl the battlefields of outer space, looking for heroes to bring home."

"Yeah? Well, that's quite enough from you, thanks. Just shut up, and play this thing. Stop touching!" She slapped missy's hand away and A hologram of a giant vulture is projected in the middle of the room, yazs brows shooting up. Missy let out a low growl before stuffing her hands into her purple jacket. You gave her a warning glare telling her to be on her best behaviour.

"I bring condolences from the Claw Shansheeth of the 15th Funeral Fleet upon this terrible day." The hologram spoke earning everyone's attention. You seemed to somewhat all circle the middle of the room apart from the solider that you assumed had already seen the message- well she was here wasn't she.

"Well, as if you'd trust that thing? Just look at him." Sarah Jane scoffed.

"Damn okay, what are you?" You took a closer look inspecting the hologram and scanning it over with a careful eye. You leaned slightly closer than the others. Muttering things under your breath as the others spoke louder behind you. You tired to take a good look just in case this was so werid trap set up but then again maybe they did have the doctor you just wasn't sure which one and where it fit in, in the doctors time line that was.

"Hey, that's not fair. Since when did we judge by appearances?" The younger woman spoke, Yaz smiled at her to which she got one returned.

"Since this lot started lying." She pointed a finger accusingly, causing you to lean back up and take more interest with the tense situation around you.

"Okay. Look, I hope this is all a big mistake, I really do. For the Doctor's sake we've got to find the facts, which means we stop and we listen." She leaned in closer to the older woman trying to calm her down. You frowned, you knew that it must kill her to think her friend was dead but you couldn't let them in your serect just yet especially with unit sniffing around. "Thanks. Mister Smith?" She spoke up causing the hologram to continue.

"The Shansheeth did journey to the wastelands of the Crimson Heart, whereupon we found the body of the last Time Lord. Witnesses say that he perished saving the lives of five hundred children from the Scarlet Monstrosity."

"Sounds like him." The boy spoke up, you hadn't even asked for his name yet but the small dreamy smile on his face just proved that he had witnessed the doctor just like the others.

"The Doctor's home world is long since lost, but legends talk of his love for the Earth. Therefore, the Shansheeth will return the Doctor to the human race. Oh, weep for him, peoples of the Earth. Mourn his loss, for the universe feels darker tonight." Missy let out a small chuckle at the mention of her planet but then it faded almost like it hit her. It was gone she had made sure of that. She frowned turning her attention away and shuffling away from the circle.

"So, what do you think?" The teenage girl asked nudging her to speak or do something. You and the fam just stayed quiet, this was too delicate to step into.

"UNIT will take charge of the funeral in conjunction with the Shansheeth. We'll be using UNIT Base Five, situated inside Mount Snowdon. We can arrange transport and accommodation for all of you." She gestured to you all, she stoped suddenly after taking a longer look at you as you fiddled with your pocket playing with the sonic but deciding against it because of the certain company you had. "Then you'll come?" She asked turning your attention back to the solider. If only you could get the rest of them alone without her about, maybe you could do some good and tell them about the doctor.

Sarah scoffed looking over to the solider who stood at the exit of the attic with her arms crossed. "Oh, yes. Nothing's going to make me miss this. I'll be there."

Yaz took a small glance at the woman, was that jealously you saw? You thought watching Yaz cross her arms up against her body, causing her jacket to rub up against the doctors top. Wait where the hell did she even get that from? The Tardis was messing with your brain, maybe it wasn't a good idea to have it linked up to the doctors ship.

She looked at you almost looking for an answer to which you replied taking your eyes from Yaz and moving them across the fam, Ryan of which had wide eyes and Graham still wobbling on one foot with a small straight smile. He seemed unsure but your eyes finally settled on the leader. "Yes and we will be there too" you smiled. Missy's eyes shot to your answer her unreadable expression took your attention.

"Great. The car is waiting. You five with me, the next car will be here soon."she pointed to you, missy, incubus, Graham and Ryan. You looked over to Yaz who just stood there dropping her arms down to her sides slightly unsure what to do with the strangers in the room.

"Hey sure. Yaz I can go if you want?" You whispered grabbing her arm and turning your back on the others so you can talk to her in private.

"No no it's fine. I can get what I can from them, see who the doctor is right?" She whispered back glancing over to the young teenage girl talking to Sarah Jane and the young boy. You noticed that the others had already left and were probably waiting in the car down stairs.

"Right. Good idea. Be safe. Don't give it up just yet... I've got a werid feeling" you hugged her saying your goodbye before jogging to catch up with Missy and the others.