Listen

Your nose started to sting, your head feeling heavier than ever and the air got thick again. "Y/n?" You couldn't concentrate, the doctor hadn't seemed to notice it yet but you were too focused on staying together. Your blood already boiling, thick in your veins as you smelt them out like a dog. Every fibre of your skin burning at the touch of the cool air. You couldn't think, you couldn't find a way out of this. It only took one. One you couldn't control, one persons empire that never failed nor fell. He was back.

"He's here" you whispered still having the whole world spin around you. You tried to keep grounded by placing your hands in front of you but they started to become blurry too.

"Who? Who is helping him?" Tosh asked desperately. Turning her com dot off after speaking to Ianto back at HQ.

The doctor took your shoulders in the palm of his hand. How was he so calm, hasn't he sensed it? You thought frowning your brows together. "Can't you feel it doctor?" You whispered, you licked your lips feeling your mouth become dry.

"Feel what?" He asked immediately looking at you for answers.

"Rassilon. Rassilon is here." You got goosebumps at the name, already feeling useless. You had never met him but Vastra had old books in the study, dedicated to the time war and Rassilon's rise and falls of his empire. You flicked through them curiously on your weekends to the point when the study was locked. Jenny shrugged when ever you asked about but you always knew she was hiding something from you. They both tried to keep you normal, Making you go to school, college and even university multiple times but you always felt Empty- like you were destined for a greater impact on the world.

The doctor stiffened up, you could already hear his brains working, clicking and turning in anger at the thought of that man ever walking among this earth. "Not for long" he whispered walking away without another word.

You looked at tosh giving her the same expression to follow him. You sighed picking up your pace to follow behind the now fuming doctor. "I should of killed him" he muttered under his breath.

You caught up accidentally rubbing your shoulders together as you tried to keep his pace. "The doctor doesn't kill, not on this universe nor the next. You need to be the good cop, leave the rest to me" you tried not to lean on him for support as your senses returned to normal.

He chuckled looking at your side profile. "Did the master teach you that?" He spat out sarcastically.

You rolled your eyes. "No. Missy did" you stated strongly still trying to prove they still had good In them.

"Still the same person" he scoffed quietly pulling at his jacket. So much for time lord hearing.

"And that person, is the one that let me go and took himself to prison at the demands of me. doctor, you may never be able to understand them but your history still means something, if the master wanted you dead you would be. I shouldn't have to justify MY missy to you. She's kind and good to me... and to our child." You smiled thinking how good your life could be right now with missy instead of running around trying to protect the doctor. Did you want to settle down? What would you do when you found your doctor? Would you live with the guilt if anything happened to her or incubus? You shook your head trying to throw away your thoughts.

"You had a kid with them? Are you out of your mind! What the hell were you thinking?!" He raised his voice pulling your arm to stop. You sighed facing him. He crossed his arms across his chest and watched your lips open and close for a second before speaking up. His stance just made it worse causing your anger towards him to multiply.

"Stop! You don't get to decide my happiness, especially when you were never there and I know for a fact that nothing had changed on this earth. You don't know them like I do" you pointed threateningly taking a step towards him.

"I went to the academy with the master. I've known him for over two thousand years. And you. You are a child, a naive one at that" he spoke softer but you still felt hurt at his words. When would the doctor ever listen to your side?

"You know what. Fuck you doctor. Your forgetting that this child is the one saving your ass, the only one who can control the master because you never gave them a fucking chance to feel loved. And that goes for me too, you abandoned me and missy is the only person that ever made me feel loved because you were too busy saving the rest of them, you didn't even save river, you left her as an echo, no goodbye. that what you did with me. Huh? Moved on and find the next y/n over. I'm not unlimited doctor am a fucking person, that wants to be loved" you breathed heavily, the anger taking toll of your body. It was so sudden but needed. He needed to know your pain. You calmed down a little watching him take a step back in fear. "Did he ever tell you What was up here?" You asked pointing up towards your mind. He only frowned his brows together causing you to chuckle.

"Of course I didn't because you never listen to me" you whispered frowning. You didn't bother to look at him because he wouldn't even understand your pain so you kept walking. You touched your cheek unaware that you had let tears escape from your bloodshot eyes. You sniffed wiping them with the sleeve of your coat. You didn't know where to go but the quicker this was over the quicker you can be with people that love you.