A quick goodbye

You both enter the NavChamber once more, trying to walk forward but finding difficulties staying upright at the rumbles and vibrations of the ship. Missy swore under her breath but it couldn't be heard over the alarms and ringing in your ears.

Your eyes instantly drop down to the floor and there she laid out of the pilot rig. "Eve!" You expressed dropping down to the floor to take her pulse but there was nothing left of her life force. Her eyes were wide so you took it opon yourself to shut them.

"What happened?" Missy asked expressing empathy for durkas and eve who stood there with a tear in his eye.

"Her heart couldn't take it. She gave me control." You had noticed that Durkas is in the VR gear now trying to land. The Lumiat just smiled empathetic and watched as you came closer towards the landing strip. The alarm stopped as you came to a rough landing to which you hoped was the end of the road.

You hoped back onto your two feet and found a blanket bringing it over to her and placing over her body slowing taking one last look. Why did it always end in someone paying the price? You thought. You rubbed your forehead and sighed turning away and watching the others stroll in. Their smiles all just fell, looking over to the body on the ground, you stayed quiet not even sure what to say any more.

Mabli broke the silence watching over to the Lumiat who helped durkas out of the gear. "They, er... they say quarantine scanning and craft detox should take no more than three hours, then they'll admit us to the facility. They're booking your teleport to Seffilun, as soon as you've spoken to the investigators."

"Oh Thank you, Mabli. I'll be sure to tell them how brilliant you were." You spoke softly holding yourself together at this point.

"You should also let them look at you, your still in bad shape there" she added walking over to check on the others. You sighed collecting your thoughts by yourself.

"I should be heading off" the Lumiat cleared her throat behind you bringing your attention to her presence. Missy glanced over watching carefully and listening in on the conversation, she was still unsure about the woman. "I'll be seeing a lot more of you in the future, so try not to miss me too much" she winked.

"You can't leave the ship just yet" you smiled softly referring to the quarantine that you had your adjourned.

"Who said I didn't park close?" She whispered closing into you slightly so the others couldn't hear.

"You mean to tell me that we could've left at the start?" You whispered yelled frowning at her confession. You couldn't believe the woman, you weren't trapped on a ship with a ticking bomb after all.

"Well where's the fun in that? Personally I had a great time" she smiled again leaving you stood alone as she left the room.

"Huh?" You thought aloud shaking your head as you watched the door shut behind her. Missy rose from her place in the room and approached leaning her hand carefully ontop of your shoulder.

"Are you okay love? Who is she?" She asked defensively glaring at the shut door.

"Oh no one to be jealous of" you winked turning to the other conversation in the room leaving missy with a sour look on her face. "Could we join you?"

"Please." He gestured for everyone to circle eves body and hold hands.

Ronan spoke looking over her with a small smile. "May the saints of all the stars and constellations"

"Bring you hope as they guide you out of the dark and into the light on this voyage and the next, and all the journeys still to come For now and evermore." You all spoke letting your eyes water for the woman who had helped saved the day today.