<66> Male!Maki x Reader

Danganronpa V3
Inside the Killing Game
Gender: Neutral
Request by: Komaechi (On Quotev)
Warning: Spoilers

If you have any questions about the Outside World and Inside the Killing Game, please read the announcement from Chapter <51> Gundham x Reader
Just because this was requested after that chapter came out, so that's why I write this. (Only if you didn't tell me clear about the location)

Anyway, I kinda enjoy doing genderbend, so it's cool cool.

———————————————————————

<Narrator's P.O.V>
"I'm bored..." You sighed and kick a small rock to sideway. It has been a few days since... the second trial, and Maki's *true* identity has been revealed to everyone. Though now he didn't want to talk to anyone... but it's worth a shot for me... With all my might, I headed over to Maki's room, which is next to mine, and knocked on the door. With a few more knocks, the door was finally been opened, and reveal a brunette dressed in red. "H-Hey Maki!" You stuttered a bit, maybe cause of nervousness. Yeah, you've talked to him a bit when you two first met, but now he's just keeping distances, so you didn't really know how to talk to him.

"... Hey (Y/N)... what did you need?" He swiftly asked, didn't want to make eye contact with me... "Hey... um... no one had seen you since morning... so I just wanted to check on you...?" You reasoned, trying to spend more time with Maki. "I'm fine... but didn't I told you that I'm dangerous? So it's the best if-" "No! I don't care if you're an Assassin, Maki! No matter what talent you have, you're my friend! And always will be!" You said, holding onto his hand. "Really...?" The male asked, but soon shook it off. "No, I'll just be a thread, so leave me alone." Maki said, trying to close the door, but you of course, got in the way and didn't let him.

"...What do you want?" Maki sighed, stop holding the door. "I just wanted to talk! Jeez! Sometimes you just need to share your stories to others, so they could understand you better!" You spoke up again. "... Fine... just get in... I don't like standing for too long." Maki said, got into his room, and sat on the armchair, while you chose to sit on the desk's chair instead. "So..." You trailed off, trying to think of a topic. "... So?" Maki repeated, looking directly into your eyes. "... I'm not a conversation starter... but um... I think you should try to be more nice to others... and maybe make some friends?" You asked, smiling at him.

"I don't make 'friends'... it's just stupid." Maki sighed, looking down. "Maki... come on, you can tell me everything!" You said, trying to convince the male. "... Not really... I don't want to-" Without any words, you got up from your seat, and rushed over to Maki's side, and hugged him. "Wh-What the-?!" "You really need affection, so I'll teach you how to be 'nice'! And then we can be friends with everyone here! Doesn't that sound great?" You cheered, trying to pass your determination to him. After a while of silent, you decided to let go.

"... Yeah... but don't blame me if I end up killing someone, it's your fault." Maki said dead panned as you crossed your arms. "Maki! Don't joke around like that! Anyway! I'm sure everyone is going to be excited to see you again! As long as you're by my side, then I'll protect you!" You said cheerfully, clasping your hand together. "Protect... yeah..." Maki trailed off, looking at the side. "Come on! Maki Roll!" You cheered and held his arm, pulling him outside his room. You smiled at your achievement, achievement of convincing Maki, without any harm were made, of course...

.
.
.
.

Extra ending (angsty)

"We all agreed that Kaito is the culprit?" Kokichi asked, tilting his head to one side. "Or was it... (Y/N)?" The supreme leader smirked, putting his hand onto his lips, looking at the red Exisal. "(Y/N)? You really wanna die, don't you?" Maki threatened, glaring at the supreme leader. "But, but, but! You can't argue though! Cuz it's the truth! I'm the one who could telling it was real, since *I'm* the one who came up with the plan." The male continued, gazing at the silent Exisal.

"Looks like... you reached the truth, huh?" (Y/N)'s voice was heard from the Exisal, and finally, the door opened so they could walk outside of it. "Yeah, I'm the culprit! I'm the one who killed Kaito!" You confessed, holding onto your jacket. "Well... I didn't expect it to go this way... but it can't be helped... Shuichi, I'm glad you solved another hard trial! Kaito would be so happy!" You smiled at the detective. "B-But.... why?!" Maki screamed, looking at you. "Oh, haha... hey Maki... I guess I'd have to explain either way, don't I? But first, let's just vote already! Don't be scared to vote me as the culprit!" You announced as everyone was just too scared to say anything, and then, it began the voting time.

Everyone then clicked on (Y/N)'s profile, even themself. After that, the vote was announced, and it was all correct. "(Y-Y/N)... why did you?!" Himiko asked, looking like she was on the verge of tears. "Why are you guys so worried? I said I'm fine!" You chuckled slightly, even though you know that you're about to die either way. "W-Was it Kokichi to force you killing him?! I-I'll!" Maki said, he was sobbing a bit too. "No, Kokichi didn't do anything... I agreed with the plan myself..." You said, rubbing the back of your head.

"You... agreed...? Why?! Why did you do that?! D-Do you know-?!" "Maki... I told you to be strong, didn't I?... The only thing I hope for you when I'm gone... is that you'd make friends... with everyone... though I know that I wouldn't been able to see you again... but don't forget I'd always be by your side... no matter what happens!" You said, reaching to pat his head. "P-Please don't go... Please!" Maki tried his best to not to cry, but his tears kept falling out. "Jeez, it's not manly to cry, you know? So smile for me, Maki Roll!"

"I... I... I'm not ready to let you go... I-I would do anything! Please don't execute (Y/N)!" The male cried again. "Hey... it's alright... Maki... I'm gonna be alright..." "No! It's not alright! Y-You're the one who teaches me... h-how to love! What it feels like to love someone! I-I can't-!" "I... Maki... I love you too..." You then smiled at the assassin one last time, it was a bitter sweet smile, but it makes everything so emotional. The chain finally grabbed onto your neck, and pulled you away from Maki.

"I... I love you..."

———————————————————————

I can't see Maki as a male, help-

Anyway, I should explain Kokichi, huh. Um, so in chapter 5, Kaito was crushed under the hydraulic press instead, and Kokichi was the one to be alive, and (Y/N) is the culprit. The reason why reader have a jacket is cuz you have to have something to let out of the press, right- so that's all.

Words: 1232

6/6/2020