<11.08.2020> Shuichi and Reader • Angst

What is love?

Yeah, no one knows

Is it supposed to be your heart beating fast when you're close to someone you 'love'?

Do they have to treat you nicely?

What do they actually ever did for you?

I like someone by their appearances so is it 'love'?

I like someone by their talent, is it 'love'?

I like different people each day, is it 'love'?

Does it have to be a prince or a princess charming or beautiful to get to you?

Do you have to actually be a princess or prince to get love?

I like people for their money, is it 'love'?

I like people cause my future, is it 'love'?

I don't get it

Why do people even 'love' in the first place.

I don't get it

Isn't it cooler to be with yourself?
Do you actually have to have a partner or your friends will laugh at you?

I will never get it

I wanna understand 'love'

I wanna know what it feels like to be loved.

"I like you..."

I looked up to my classmate, also one of my friend, Shuichi Saihara. He's famous for his detective skills, and his kindness too. He helped me studying for my test multiple of times, help me making friends. But I didn't do anything for him back... Well, except listening to him. He usually talk to me about his family, how he feel at school, and I'm the one who listens. I listen, but didn't say anything. I don't like comforting people, but I listen. So why? Why did he like me? Is that 'love'?

"I don't get it..." I mumbled, still looking to his yellow eyes. "You... don't get what...?" Shuichi asked again, and just like time started to freeze, I tried to say something, but don't know what. A moment of silence passed by, I finally said something back to the male. "How do you feel right now?" "Huh...?" "Love, what is that?" I asked again, this time, avoiding his eye contact. "I... I think... I think you're nice, and well... You were always there for me when I needed, so... I think I'm in love... i-it's alright if you don't like me back... I-It's just... I wanna say my feelings..." Shuichi said, slowly backing away from me.

"Yeah. You think you're in love. You're not sure with it. Do you actually wanna start a relationship? If you do, are you sure you'll always be happy? Did you think this through? Your heart will have someone else, I know it. It's never safe to say you like anyone. Even a bit. You like me, but then few more days you'll get sudden sadness, and started to think you're not good enough or I'm acting weird. You might feel unloved and it'd be hard for us both. You're not sure of your feelings. You just wanted to test it. This is not a fairytale and you can always get your happy ending." I sat back down on the chair of the classroom and looked at the detective.

"Are you actually fine with it? If not, then think through before you like anyone. The feeling 'love' is strange. You will never understand it. I understand how it feels to be betrayed."

"I... Well... I guess... you're right... I'm just... not sure about it... I guess." He said and looked back down to the classroom's floor. "How are you feeling right now? Is it hurt?" I asked. "... I'm not sure." "Then you don't love me. It's just your brain tricking you. It's fine, there are plenty fish in the sea, you'll find someone better than me. But though, don't like random people just for love, it's disgusting." I stood up from my chair and headed out of the classroom.

Yeah,

Nothing is real

I hate it so much

'Love' isn't real, I will never understand it, or want to.

People like lust more. It's not love.

Even the kindest person lie.

You can't say you like someone

You need to think about the future with that person much

It's dumb

Everything is dumb

...

"I like you too!"

I responses right after he said he likes me. Shuichi looked at me with his happy face, I can tell he's glad. "Yeah... I have been feeling that for a while... To be honest, I wanna understand 'love'. Do I love Shuichi?

...

"I'm so happy... I-I'm... th-thank you..." I grabbed Shuichi's shoulder and pat on it several times before putting a thumbs up. "It's okay, cry if you like." I chuckled slightly. We then spent the last time of the day hanging out together... Yeah, that's my happy ending.

It's my happiness.

Yeah, that's my fairytale.

It's my happily ever after.

Which...

Doesn't exist.

—————