The Crown Game (5)

Baam Pov

I nervously glanced at Cecelia, who seemed annoyed to be hearing about Lahel. Even so, she was paying attention to what I was saying. She used to be quite friendly and positive about Lahel when we first met. But one day, she became distant towards the subject and showed signs of discomfort or dislike every time I talked about Lahel. Even so, I repeated what she had told me a while before I had met Cecelia.

FLASHBACK

"Never betray anyone. No matter what happens- especially not girls." Lahel told me.

"Wh-why not?" I asked, feeling confused.

"Because betraying a girl is the same as making an enemy of the entire world."

FLASHBACK OVER

"I was just doing what she told me back t- Cecelia? Are you all right?" I asked, noticing that Cecelia was shrouded in dark aura, her face contorted with absolute fury and the promise of violence.

"THAT MOTHERFUCKING HYPOCRITE!!" She screamed, her blood-red eyes glowing with murderous intent.

"IT'S NEVER OKAY TO BETRAY SOMEONE UNLESS THEY DESERVE IT!! GIRL OR NOT!!" She continued, her horns and tail appearing as her polymorphing spell started to disperse.

"Don't betray girls, she says. It's like making the world your enemy, she says. But yet, she makes it sound as though it's okay for girls to betray guys but not the other way around...! Of course, she tells you to not betray others but betrays you herself. That two-faced snake... wait till I get my hands on her. I'll rip her to shreds and send her soul to Hell!!" Cecelia growled, her canines elongating into her fangs.

"C-Cecelia?! Your spell-!" I started, only for her to ignore me.

"The next person that touches that crown dies." She snarled, stomping her way through the terrified crowd.

--- Koon Pov ---

That makes it official. Cecelia's definitely not human. And she really doesn't like Lahel. I don't know what she's done to get Cecelia worked up so much, but since she's the reason why we're going to get that crown, I guess I'll thank her. For now. I thought, watching the angry female take a seat at the throne, the crown in hand.

"Good job, white turtle!! Now keep it until we wipe out all these other turtles!!" Rak roared, bringing a sadistic smile to grow on Cecelia's pink lips.

"I'll look forward to it."

A sleek, gold scythe materialized in Cecelia's hand as she took a seat on the chair. And to be honest, she looked good in it.

"Give me that crown!!" A lump of black yelled, stretching its body towards Cecelia.

KUUUUUUUUUUGUGUGUGU----!

I was at Cecelia's side in an instant, throwing the black lump's advances towards the crown.

"Koon!!" Baam called out to me in surprise.

"What are you waiting for? If you beat us, we'll give you the crown." I announced, my knife in hand.

"JERK" Multiple others yelled, attacking each other in order to get to the fake crown that I had thrown on the ground.

While Cecelia and I sat on the throne, enjoying the others so foolishly fight for the fake crown, Baam and Rak stared at us with dumbfounded faces. I could practically hear their thoughts. Were they always like this? They'd think.

"Blue and white turtle, you guys are taking all the fun!! I'm bored!!" Rak complained.

"Sorry, sorry." We apologized.

--- Meanwhile ---

"Well then, I should be getting ready." A girl said, stretching her arms while waiting in her team's waiting room.

"Hey," She called out to the other female member of her team, who was hiding behind the giant.

"It's okay to kill all of them, right?" She continued.

The other female member, who had blonde hair and freckles, and donned a pink dress along with a red sash, replied with an almost empty look in her pale yellow eyes. Her gaze was stuck on the brunette boy, who was standing beside an oversized crocodile with a dumbfounded look on his face.

"Yes. Of course."

~~~ /// ~~~ \\\ ~~~

Yes, I know, shorter chap. And yes, I know, I hate Lahel with everything I have. I think that she's a two-faced little bitch that can't take reality so decided to hate an innocent cinnamon roll (Baam). I can't wait until I get to write a very descriptive chapter about her death or her despair as she realizes that her dreams won't come true.

I've had someone comment about updates, so I wanted to officially let everyone know.

I have read the webtoon, but I wanted to write the story following the anime as it is easier for me to reference it. This means that I can only update once new episodes for TOG comes out.

So stay tuned for more!!

2.4 pages, 794 words