Trustworthy Room (6)

Third Pov

A heavy silence filled the room as Viole looked at Red with a confused, hurt look filling his gold eyes.

"What- I- I don't understand..." Viole said weakly, a million thoughts going through his head.

"I'm not going to just get up and leave forever, Baam. Calm down."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN?!" Viole yelled.

"Let me explain-"

"YOU SAID THAT YOU'D ALWAYS BE WITH ME BACK WHEN WE TOOK TESTS TOGETHER ON EVANKHELL'S FLOOR!! WERE YOU LYING?! WERE YOU PLANNING ON BETRAYING ME JUST LIKE LAHEL DID?!" Tears flowed down Viole's face as he grabbed Red's arms, squeezing them tightly in his hands.

"Motherfucking Christ-" Red swore, trying to calm the male down and explain to him.

"You can't leave me... not you too... I don't have anyone left anymore, Cece..." Viole continued, pulling the small woman into his arms and holding her tight.

"I love you too much... I want you too much to let you go." He finished, burying his face into the crook of Red's neck.

"I'd love to provide you with an explanation if you'd just let me talk, Baam." Red began, letting out a small sigh.

"I don't want to hear your explanation. I just want you to stay."

"Baam, you're not the child I knew back when we were in the cave. You've grown. You've become strong."

"Wait, so you're leaving me because I'm strong?"

"...Let's start from the very beginning, shall we?" Red started, deciding to begin with the most important part.

"Okay..."

"I'm going to dethrone Zahard and take over the Tower, Baam."

Viole blinked in surprise. Dethrone Zahard? But why?

"Because Demons brings a lot of chaos to the Tower, Zahard restricts Demons from climbing the Tower. He can't stop us from climbing, but he can put a limit on the number of Demons in the Tower. I want to change that. I want to give my subjects freedom. I don't want them to starve."

"...Subjects?"

"I'm next in line to Hell's Throne. I'm the Heir."

Viole blinked. He had so many questions, but there were too many to ask and he didn't know where to begin.

"As the Heir, I have the responsibility to look over my future citizens' lives. So that when I become Satan, I can rule in a way that will help them live better lives. Me taking Zahard's throne is just part of the process. That's why I created FUG and the Winged Tree. I didn't know that they'd kidnap you and force you to become a Slayer Candidate, though."

"So you're going to leave me because of Zahard?" Viole asked, somehow managing to accept the complicated information relatively quickly.

"As I said, I'm not going to just get up and leave you forever. I'll be taking trips. I can't be with you every single minute of every single day. There's only so much that my golems can do."

"Why can't I just go with you?"

"I'm going to be dealing with high-class Demons, Rankers, and even Zahard himself, Baam. I don't want to put you in unnecessary danger. You're already on their radar by being my lover as it is. Plus, ...I don't want you to see my true self."

"What if I want to see your true self?"

"Just as I'm too important for you to let me go, you're too important for me to lose. Death is one thing, but you deciding to leave me because I'm too scary is another."

Viole let out a hefty sigh.

"You'll get mad if I forced you to stay, right?"

"I'm not going to leave immediately. Once we pass this test and get settled for a few days, I'll-"

"No."

"Huh?"

"I know that this might be too much that I'm asking for, but... I want you to stay until we've met up with Koon and the others." Viole stated firmly, avoiding Red's eyes.

"How about you give me just one day a week? We'll start with that."

"One full day?"

"Fine. Half a day."

"Half a day every week until we meet up with Koon?"

"Yes. We can talk more after we meet up."

"...All right."

Red gave Viole a big hug, thankful for him giving her space, time, and understanding. Her original goal was to go to the Tower alone and get the job done, but she'd met Baam along the way. It wasn't something that she regretted, but it did cause her plans to take a big break.

"Now, I know that you love seeing me practically naked but I've left my remote and connector alone in my room. And you have a Ranker to fight. Do you think you can handle fighting without me being there to watch you?" Red questioned cheekily, making fun of Viole for his fear of being left alone for even a minute.

With a light chuckle, Viole nodded, leaving the change room to let Red get dressed.

--- Meanwhile ---

Love grumbled to himself as he heard loud voices in the women's bath next door.

He could only hope that the other Regulars would speed up, collect allies, and force Viole to choose teammates.

~~~ /// ~~~ \\\ ~~~

Cece and Baam's first fight (kind of)!! And Cece's goal for entering the Tower has been revealed!!

2.5 pages, 880 words