Meeting Lahel (1)

Cecelia pov

"ALL THE CHALLENGERS HAVE BEEN INCAPACITATED OR DISQUALIFIED. AS A RESULT, THE FOURTH ROUND GOES TO KOON, BAAM RAK, AND CECELIA. IF YOU'D LIKE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE FINAL ROUND, PLEASE PRESS YOUR BUZZER." Lero Ro commented, only for a fair number of doors to open almost immediately.

"AS EXPECTED, ENOUGH TEAMS ELECTED TO PARTICIPATE WITHOUT A COUNTDOWN."

"I smell some strong turtles," Rak said to himself (or others?), seeming excited about the upcoming round.

"But you're confident in your skills, right?" Koon asked.

"It's exciting!!"

"I'm counting on you," Koon said, turning around to glance at Rak, Baam, and me.

I smiled back. All I had to do was to keep them from taking the crown, and I just had to keep myself in the chair. It shouldn't be that hard, right?

"Baam!! Is something wrong?" Koon called out, making me focus on Baam and his staring.

I followed his gaze, to a certain blonde female that was continuously trying to hide behind a large regular. I let out a quiet sigh. It's a good thing that I'm the one wearing the crown, not him... he'd jump at the chance to get to Lahel, whether that'll make us lose the game or not.

"Sorry. I spaced out."

Even after apologizing, Baam went right back at staring at Lahel, causing Koon's attention to become focused on her too.

"...They're from the other testing arena." Koon muttered to himself, trying to gather information about the three.

"I know more or less how the others are, but they're an unknown value." He continued.

"I don't know about the big guy, but the brown-haired girl is one of Jahad's Princess. I believe her name is Androssi. As for the blonde..... well, all I can say is that she's an Irregular. A non-chosen Irregular, that is." I said, surprising the two girls, as well as Koon and Baam.

"LIKE IT OR NOT, THIS IS THE FINAL ROUND. WHICH TEAM WILL CLAIM THE CROWN? LET THE GAME BEGIN!!"

The moment Lero Ro finished his announcement, signalling the start of the round, Rak yelled aggressively and prepared to strike.

"Come on, turtles!! Come and get-"

SLAM

"-me?!"

Instead of the action that he had prepared for, it was someone else that was defeating the regulars. A woman wearing a black skintight suit attacked the regulars mercilessly, using her staff to bash their heads in. Clean, precise, and powerful. I like her fighting style. I thought to myself, as Rak engaged in a battle with her. He could hold his own, but she was faster and smaller than him.

She was well on her way to bashing my brain in. Not that I was really worried. I had set up a defensive barrier around my head to make sure that I wouldn't lose the crown. And this say, no one else can get to it, either.

"Baam!! Cecelia!!" Koon yelled.

But for some reason, Androssi, the brown-haired girl, came to our defence. She attacked the female wearing the black skintight suit, keeping her away from us.

"Aren't you embarrassed to be walking around in full-body tights?"

Before I could say "holy mother of Satan", both Rak and Koon were occupied with their opponent. And of course, Lahel just had to open her fucking mouth and talk, because it was a wonderful idea to get Baam's attention now of all times!!

"It's okay. Don't' worry. We won't steal the crown." She said.

Baam's reactions were obvious. There's no way that he wouldn't recognize her voice... dammit Lahel, what do you want with Baam? You've already ditched him once- don't give him hope now!! He's too good for a piece of shit human like you!!

"Lahel?" He called out, desperation emanating off of him in waves.

I could just smell it.

"Is that you, Lahel?"

My Satan, if you're not going to answer him, then don't tall in the first place!! it's not as though you're here to get him back!! I yelled internally. I want to kill her... I want to kill her so badly!!

"FIRST COMES ROCK!!!!" Rak shouted, reminding the author of a certain young boy from Hunter x Hunter.

"Are you Lahel? Is that way you're helping me?" Baam asked, infuriating me.

What was so hard to understand about the fact that she had left him?

My eyes widened in bewilderment when the black full-body tights girl went after Lahel instead of me. Why her? I'm the one with the crown!! Her goal isn't the crown- then-

"Ah!"

A small splatter of blood streaked across the air as the end of the girl's staff grazed Lahel's forehead, making her fall backwards. And of course, the hood of her cloak had come off on her way down to the ground, showing Baam that it was indeed Lahel.

"Lahel!!"

~~~ /// ~~~ \\\ ~~~

2.4 pages, 814 words