The Crown Game (6)

Third Pov

Cecelia sat on the throne, the real crown on her head and an arrogant smirk adorning her features. Her golden scythe didn't leave her grasp as she watched the regulars fight amongst themselves, her left eyebrow raised in amusement.

"Foolish things. They haven't even noticed what was happening." She muttered, causing the other regulars to stop fighting.

"Ah, they heard me." She said to herself, snickering crazily.

Koon stood up from his seat, opening his bag and turning it upside down. Dozens of other crowns spilled out from the bag, piling up on the floor. The other regulars stared at the numerous crowns in disbelief, confusion plastered all over their faces. But soon enough, the fakes disappeared in a puff of smoke, revealing the truth to everyone around them.

The regulars had been fooled.

"So you're mocking us!!"

"You can't be serious!!"

"UNFORGIVABLE"

Despite the angry protests of the regulars, Koon took his seat on the armrest of the oversized throne, a smug smirk on his lips.

"Hey!! You guys know what to do!! We'll start by killing that blue-haired boy and that smug girl together!!" A regular with a squirrel tail shouted angrily.

"YEAH"

The regulars all rushed at the two sitting on the throne, their weapons ready and filled with the intent to kill.

SNAP

Just as Rak was about to butt in, Cecelia snapped her fingers. Magic circles with varying colours appeared everywhere- on the ground, in the air, on the walls- as different attacking spells left the angry crowd incapacitated within seconds.

BoOoOOoM

CRASH

*sizzle*

The audience, as well as Koon, Baam, and Rak were dazed at the strange, rapid chain of events. Magic circles?! But- they haven't been in use for centuries!! Koon thought, stunned. Beside him was a smiling Cecelia, who looked as though she had known that such things would happen.

"Baam!! Rak!! We should stay together!!" Cecelia called out, letting Baam take a seat beside her, on the left while Koon sat on her right.

Rak took a seat a little ways away from the throne, obviously annoyed about how he hadn't been able to rampage around and get his share of the fun.

"THE THIRD ROUND IS NOW OVER. WE'RE NOW ACCEPTING PARTICIPANTS FOR THE FOURTH ROUND." Lero Ro announced.

While the group waited for other teams to press their buzzers, Koon tried to tie his hair up into a ponytail. It was his signal for the regulars that he had teamed up with, and without his hair tied up in a ponytail, he couldn't get the message across. Dammit!! It's been too long...! How did I do it again? He grumbled internally, trying to tie his hair up.

"Sit."

Much to Baam's surprise, Cecelia tugged Koon down by his tie, forcing him to kneel in front of her. Since he was taller than Cecelia, that was the only way for them to match their hight in a comfortable enough position.

--- Koon Pov ---

This... feels nice. Not that I'll ever admit it out loud. I thought, feeling Cecelia's fingers trail through my light blue locks. As annoying as it had been for me and my struggles, the entire ordeal was done just too soon. She had finished styling my hair in no time at all, leaving me wanting more.

Baam quietly, and self-consciously touched his short hair as he watched the interaction between me and Cecelia. That reminds me... does Baam like Cecelia? I wondered.

"Oh, my Satan," Cecelia muttered as I turned around to face her.

"Hm? Is something wrong?" I asked, noticing how red her face was getting.

"I-it's nothing... you're... just really cute with your hair up," Cecelia muttered quietly, looking away in embarrassment.

I was left shocked, too surprised for words. And just as I was about to thank her for the compliment, Rak button into the conversation with a stupid question. Yes, a stupid question.

"Hey, blue turtle!! So that bag isn't an infinite chocolate bar dispenser?" He questioned, chomping on some of the last chocolate bars that I had left.

"What kind of limited functionality is that?" I retorted.

"But a bag that can copy anything is amazing," Baam commented.

"You mean a bag that can also copy," Cecelia and I replied, giving each other a surprised glance at our reply.

"Huh?"

"But you know, you're a real brat, blue turtle," Rak stated, standing up and stretching his arms.

"What?" I said, lightly glaring at the oversized crocodile.

~~~ /// ~~~ \\\ ~~~

I have to confess something. Our family got three parakeets today, and it leaves me with mixed feelings as we've never had pets before. Sure it'll be fine for now since we have so much time on our hands and we'll always be at home (with quarantine and everything) but what about when school starts back up? This is why I wanted a cat!! But no, my little sister and my dad go off and gets three birds- although that's cool too... welp.

The second thing that I confess to is that I fangirled and squealed my head off when I saw Koon with his hair tied up. I don't understand why he keeps it down when he can always look cute (well, cuter) with his hair up. Although that's just my opinion. (LOL)

2.8 pages, 913 words