Taken (5)

(하현우 - 일상으로의 초대 (Invitation to My Everyday Life by Ha Hyun-Woo))

Song of the chap!! Pic edited by yours truly!! All rights reserved, as always.

~~~ /// ~~~ \\\ ~~~

Baam Pov

"Baam? Are you asleep?"

Cece's voice registered into my tired brain. I wanted to jump into her arms and hold her close, but I also didn't want to see her. The door closed again, which meant that we were alone in my room. After having been forced to join FUG, I waited for days in my room, waiting for Cece's return.

For the first day or two, I thought that she may have been hurt, or lost like usual.

By the third to the fifth day, a sliver of doubt and fear crawled into my heart. What if she was badly hurt? What if she had left me? What if she forgot about me?

By the tenth day, all I could feel was anger. Why wasn't she here yet? She'd promised to stay with me always, and yet, here I was, all alone. The anger allowed me to focus myself into training, but all I got in response were more wounds. Wounds that I didn't want others to see or treat.

And now, here she was, on the twelfth day. Perfectly fine and normal, as if all my worries had been for nothing. I could smell brimstone and campfire on her, which probably meant that she had gone to Hell and back. Why would she go to Hell, when I was here? Why would she leave me alone for twelve days, when she'd promised to be with me always?

FLASHBACK

Let's stay together forever, Baam!! I promise to never leave your side!! You'll be with me, right?

"Don't worry. I will!!"

FLASHBACK OVER

"You promised me that you'd always be by my side." I started, refusing to meet her blood-red eyes.

I knew that if I were to see her now, then all my anger would dissipate into nothing. Cece's usual scent gently poked at my nose, just like her obscure presence in front of me.

"I know that I've been gone for too long. Believe me when I tell you that I tried to get back as soon as possible, Baam." Cece said, holding her hand out towards me.

I pushed her hand away.

Cece let out a sigh.

"After saving you from the lake, I was taken away by one of the Demon Generals. He brought me to my Dad, who had wanted to meet me. I was forced to spend around two hours with him before I went to meet up with the others. I told them that I would be going off to find you and help you climb the Tower. We promised to see each other again- with you."

I winced. Koon, Rak, Shibisu... they must be worried, I realized.

"After that, I went back to Hell- to gather some things that I would be needing during my stay here with you."

"But-" I started.

"One hour in Hell is a day in the Tower, Baam. Getting in may be easy, but getting out isn't. It takes an average Demon a full day getting to the Tower's doors on the outskirts of Hell. It took me nine hours by flight. I did try to get here as fast as I could, you know."

Relief flooded my veins as the truth was revealed. I hadn't been abandoned. It just took her eleven days too long for her to get back to me, that's all.

"Did that satisfy your anger a bit? No?"

I shook my head. I wasn't angry anymore, but that didn't mean that I was happy, either. Cece had always felt so far away from me, despite being so close at the same time. She always seemed to be ready to disappear at a moment's notice, never to be seen again. Usually, she'd never leave me for too long. But when she didn't show up for days on end, I had thought that she'd left me- for good.

"What else do you want me to do, Baam?" She asked.

Click-!

"Eh?"

Cece's confused expression met mine as I casually slapped the other end of the handcuffs on her left wrist. She followed the elongated chain attached to the cuffs with her gaze, which ended at my wrist. One end of the handcuffs was on me, while the other was on her.

"YOU'RE GOING TO HANDCUFF ME?! TO YOU?!"

"Uh-huh," I replied happily, giving her a cheeky smile.

"I WAS ONLY GONE FOR TWELVE DAYS!! WHO TAUGHT YOU BDSM?!!"

BDSM? What's that? I wondered. A few days ago, when I had complained about how Cece wasn't keeping our promise, Hwa Ryun had given me the handcuffs, suggesting that I never let her get away from me again the next time we met.

And I wasn't intending on letting her go.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO MY INNOCENT CUDDLECAKE?!"

"You left him alone for nearly two weeks," I grumbled.

"BUT- BUT- MY INNOCENT CUDDLECAKE!! HE BECAME A KINKY CUDDLECAKE!!"

Kinky? What does that mean? I'll just go ask Hwa Ryun later. I made a mental note to myself, before pushing Cece onto the floor. Pinning her wrists to the ground by her head, I stared heatedly into her blood-red eyes.

"If you ever leave me again, I'll chain you up and carry you around myself."

~~~ /// ~~~ \\\ ~~~

Innocent Baam ain't so innocent anymore-

2.5 pages, 919 words