shoot 55

Kagami POV

After our talk last night with Kuroko I need to apologize to her. It was my fault for saying those things to her after she just got better. So here I am in practice but I haven't seen her since class. Plus every time I try to talk to her it's either she's with the teachers or someone in class is asking for her help.

"Everyone can you please gather around coach has an announcement!" She yelled as everyone did what she asked for. Once we got together her, the coach, and the captain were in front.

"This year, at the beginning and end of summer vacation, We'll be taking 2 trips, to the beach and to the mountains." The coach said as I notice almost all our second years were shocked.

"The qualifiers for the Winter cup start right after summer vacation ends. It's important we use this vacation as effectively as possible. Let's give it everything we have!" Hyuga senpai said as everyone agreed with him.

Your POV

I was about to start helping clean up but the coach called for me to come up. Since I'm still the club manager I have to help out as much as possible.

"I have to go talk to the teachers about our training camps. Can we meet up tomorrow to talk about the menus for our training camps at the cooking classroom?"

"It's fine it will give me time to figure out some ideas on what we can make while under budget." She nodded and began to head out. Not long after the door closes the captain asked for another to gather around.

'Did he forget to mention something before?' We all got together and waited for him to say what he needed to say.

"We're currently facing grave danger." He started which caught our attention.

"I'm sorry to ask but what do you mean 'grave danger'?" I asked as he looked a bit scared.

"In order to make two trips this year, we chose cheap lodging. We'll have to make our own food, which is where our problem lies." He said as I don't see the problem at all but what he said next freaks the rest of the second years.

"Coach will be cooking for us!" He said as I still don't get what's wrong with that.

"What? Is that bad?" Furihata asked.

"Of course it's bad! At the Touou game, you saw her honey-soaked lemons!" He said as I don't know what he's talking about.

"So..."

"That's not cooking anymore." Kiyoshi senpai softly said.

"So what you mean it's inedible what she cooks." I began to mumble to myself seeing that this isn't the first time I've dealt with a horrible cook.

"Why don't we just cook for ourselves?" Someone suggested.

"I wish we could, but..." Hyuga began to talk but Izuki senpai seems to finish his response.

"Practice is so brutal, no one can move at night."

"Just thinking about it.." Kogenai senpai began before he began to feel sick.

"May I suggest something..." I asked as they looked at me.

"Coach and I are going to come up with the menu for our training camps. If you guys want I can do a tasting test with her cooking and depending on her cooking I come up with an idea on the menu." I suggested as they all seem like they were almost crying.

"Please help us (F/n)-chan we don't want to die yet." Kogenai senpai pleaded as I try to calm him down.

"Senpai please control yourself," I said as I patted his head.

"For now I'll buy some ingredients to see how her cooking tastes. So we'll meet at the cooking classroom tomorrow." I said as they all thanked me for saving them.

"Alright everyone you're dismissed. Kagami help (F/n) with the ingredients for tomorrow's trial." Hyuga senpai said as I groan.

"Tetsu can you send me a text to see what we need for the house when you get home," I asked Tetsu as he nodded and Nigō followed him.

'Well, this is going to be a long shopping experience with Kagami.'

Kagami POV

After changing we walked side by side to the store but while we walked we didn't speak. Honestly, it's a bit uncomfortable since we last talk.

"So how have you been?" I asked trying to break the silence but she kept looking straight ahead.

"Good," she answered not wanting to say much.

'Well, this makes it even more awkward to apologize.' When we finally reach the store we grab a cart to place our things in... We began grabbing the Vegetables and the necessary ingredients for what she might cook for tomorrow's tasting. She received a message and I guess it was Kuroko who send what they need, but she just closes the phone and seems a bit tense by the way she clenches her phone.

"Is something wrong?"

"No, it's nothing important." She said as she walked away.

'I get the feeling it must be something important to her,' we finished with what she needs to grab for tomorrow's tasting. I notice she was trying to reach the top shelf for a box of tea. Then idea pop into my head and I snuck behind her and grab her waist and lift her to reach what she was trying to get.

"Kagami put me down." She said as she grips my hands for dear life.

"Just grab the item and I'll put you down."

"Kagami just put me down now!" She yelled and I did as she asked and saw her shaking.

"What's wrong you scared of heights?"

"It's nothing just leave me alone for now." She said as she walked away from me.

'I just made a bigger mess now.'

Your POV

After what Kagami did I try to avoid him as much as possible and grab the items we need back home. As we walk to my place I try to avoid conversation with him.

"Hey, I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you in the store," Kagami said as I didn't look at him.

"It's fine just forget about it."

"No, it's not fine... I screw up and said things I shouldn't have said." I stopped and looked at him.

"Listen Kagami I'm not looking for relationships with anyone. Even though I did have a small crush on you, but it was more like admiration." I began and looked up at the sky.

"But you said-" he began but I cut him off from saying anything.

"I know what I said but sometimes my words have a double meaning... Kagami I wasn't mad at you for choosing your future, but how you chose to remain focus. You decide to avoid me and even consider working alone." I said feeling the pain in my heart coming back.

"Do you remember when we first dance together? That day you were able to save me from being crushed by your weight." He nodded as I looked away.

"There's more to my past than what I let people know. It's the reason I never considered having people come close to me since I quit Teiko basketball team... especially now." I began he seem a bit confused.

"Whatever happens in teiko doesn't mean it can affect our team," Kagami said as he walked closer to me.

"It can affect the team Kagami and it's also the reason I don't open up to many people." He seems to not understand but I was wrong. He just hugs me close and gently. Somehow I feel a bit better almost like all my worries and fear are being erased... even if just a little bit.

"When your ready to open up to the team you know we will be there to hear your story. For now, take it easy, after all, your one of the best players we got plus the only one Aomine can't beat." He said as I couldn't help but smiled.

"Thanks, Kagami."