shoot 59

Your POV

I finished putting everything together and place it on the table for everyone to grab and eat. I looked and see the coach trying to figure out how we were able to pull this off.

"We finished a few minutes to spare I should start thinking about what to make for dinner tonight," I said without thinking

"You already think of tonight's menu?" She asked amazed by the look in her eye.

"Of course if I plan ahead of time I won't have trouble deciding what to make. It's best to be prepared ahead of time them preparing at that exact moment." At that moment the whole team came in all sweaty.

"You guys are on time since we have been out in the sun all day we have three different sandwiches to pick as well some fresh fruits and a few other side dishes like sausage and rice. We have drinks for you guys to drink and regain your energy." I said as everyone was amazed by the food we laid out. Yet some seem to worry since it was the coach who helped out.

"Don't worry I've kept an eye on the coach while she helped so the food hasn't been tampered." They sigh as everyone went to wash up a bit before starting to eat.

'We'll be moving to the gym once we're finished eating. Hopefully, this meal will give them enough energy to the end.'

Kagami POV

I was one of the first to sit down and see the amount of food waiting to be eaten. I could already feel my mouth watering seeing how good the food looks. I was so busy looking at the food to notice that she was cleaning up the kitchen. I felt a bit bad that she was doing all the cooking for us. She didn't ask for help when it's clear she needs it. I got up to help her wash the dishes she used to make the food while she wasn't looking.

"Kagami go eat I can handle this mess." She said try to stop me from helping her.

"Baka you think I'll let you overwork yourself again... I'm helping you whether you like it or not. We're a team and last time I checked there's no 'I' in team." She puffed her cheeks pouting at how I won't let her do it alone.

"Between you and Tetsu I guess I'm grateful that I'm not alone." She said quietly.

"Why would you ever think your alone you have me, Kuroko, and everyone here?"

"Yeah well, I sorta feel like I'm a burden to everyone sometimes. You don't know what I've dealt with since I was a kid." She said and I stop to look at her. Her expression seems to say more than it's almost like she's hiding something.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask as she hung her head.

"It's just while growing up I always felt like a burden. Tetsu and his family have taken care of me and my brother ever since elementary. Yet even so I felt like I was holding him back." She said and for the first time, I felt a bit bad for her. She doesn't mention her parents much making me wonder what happened to them but it's best not to ask at the moment.

"Normally I can't read what Kuroko thinks but I'm sure that he doesn't think that," I said as she seems a bit surprised.

"It true I don't think like that at all." I flinch and turn around and see Kuroko standing beside me.

"How long have you been standing there?!"

"When you suggested talking about it," he said as she smiled giggled a bit.

"Tetsu seriously how do you always scare Kagami every time." She asked as he shrugged his shoulders. Almost like she trying to change the topic of our conversation.

"Woah this looks good," Hyuga senpai said as the others came in.

"Everyone please dig in you must have worked up an appetite." She said with a smile, like what we talk about never happen.

"Aren't you going to eat too?" Izuki senpai asked as she nodded.

"In a bit, I have to- AHHH" I grab her and carried her to the table.

"The cleaning can wait you need to eat to gain your energy back too," I said while heading to the table.

"Kagami put me down!" She yelled while trying to get away. I smiled place her in a chair but she seems a bit pale.

'That's weird I just carried her and she looks like the end of the world had come.' I sat next to her and place a bottle of water on her cheek.

"Here drink this and get some food in your stomach. You look like you'll faint any minute." She grabs the bottle and took a drink.

"Well then everyone let's make sure not to waste this food." Hyuga senpai said as everyone took their seat.

"Thank you for the food!" Everyone said and grab a sandwich of their choice and some fruit. I gotta say it a good idea since we'll be at the gym after we eat.

I notice she wasn't getting any of the food, so I grabbed a plate and place it in front of her.

"Grab something you'll need the energy for when we head to the gym." She nodded and grab two different sandwiches and some fruits.

'I don't know much about her past but there's no doubt in my mind. I want to help her get past whatever is keeping her back.' I looked to check if she was eating and saw that she was taking small bites.

"Hey let's practice those combo moves when we get the chance," I said while she just stared at me and nodded.

'Just you wait Aomine we'll beat you this time and become number 1.'

_________

A/n

Hello everyone, it's me sorry for the wait for the chapter I've been busy helping my sister's wedding and helping her move to her home. So I haven't had the opportunity to work on the chapters or be able to watch the series. Still, I will try to update as soon as possible before. Thank you so much for your patience and I hope you enjoy the chapter.