16 | meeting them one-shots

WOO 2021 POG LETS GOOO anyway i have a lot of notes for this chapter so lets get into that:

okay so hallo again! for those of you who don't know, it's been a whole year since i started this preference book (on quotev) and i always wanted to do something special for it! since i was on winter break i decided to make this revamped version of how you met them, and i hope you enjoy :D i thank all of you guys for your continued support!

speaking of support...WHY AM I AT #10 IN PREFERENCES RN? holy heckles i never expected this to happen but again thank you guys for all the votes, comments, and adds for making this happen!!

also a good time to do a shameless self promo - my jojo preference book is out so go read it if you like jjba :3 requests are open for that book as well as this one, so don't be shy!!

anyway here's the preference:

Eren:

"He has a kid too, okay?" Your father pat your head, trying to soothe the anxious look on your face. "You two can play together while we do something."

"But..." you clinged to your parent's leg, "is he nice?"

"Of course he'll be nice. Doctor Jaeger takes care of his kids very well. Believe me. It'll be okay." As much as you wanted to believe him, there was a hint of doubt in his voice.

Knock knock.

Uh-oh.

"That must be them!" Your dad pat your head again, shaking you off his leg. As much as you wanted to run to him for safety again, you were frozen still in place as he opened the door.

There were a few terms thrown around between the adults that, at the time, you didn't understand. And as their conversation lingered on, you wondered where the kid was. Maybe he was really short?

Finally, some familiar words came out of the doctor's mouth. "And I do have my son here. You have a kid, too, right?"

"Of course," your father laughed, "They're right in here. Come on in, we'd love to see your son."

The two adults moved over.

And then you could see his son with a scowl on his face. It was kind of funny - he hated to be in this situation as much as you did. There was already something common between the two.

"Introduce yourself," the doctor crouched down to his son's ear, "and make sure that you two get along. You barely have friends."

The boy looked to his dad with resent, and then to you with an equally annoyed face. "Eren." He huffed, holding out his hand. "Eren Jaeger. Nice to meet you."

Mikasa:

The words of your mother lingered in your mind: Don't go out too far into the woods, or else you'll find some unexpected trouble.

Trouble, as you knew, came in the form of many things. Poisonous berries growing on bushes. Wolves hiding in their dens, waiting to strike. Other insects that hid behind rocks, waiting to sting you.

But did trouble come in the form of a cottage?

You looked at the small house before you. It didn't seem like anyone was living in it, and it didn't feel dangerous. From it came a warm smell of flowers and food.

Not expecting anything, you knocked.

"Coming!" You heard a voice. Part of you wanted to run away, but the other was sure that there was no one bad behind the door. So you waited.

The door creaked open to a petite woman. She had no weapons in her hands, but she did have a bright smile on her face. "Oh, are you lost? You can come in if you need to."