66 | valentine's day!

happy early valentines! i published this chapter on quotev a long time ago when i was barely even a seasoned writer, but i still find it fun to read. idk, i might redo it next year if i want to since that would be fun, but oh well. i hope you guys enjoy and have a great weekend + valentines!! also i wanna start doing questions of the week to open a bit more discussion up, so here we go:

qotw #1: best valentine's day gift you've gotten?

-

Eren:

"Happy V-Day, babe!" Eren's voice echoed throughout the Mess Hall as he ran up to you and snaked his arms around your stomach. "I got you something."

"Really?"

You nervously eyed him. Everyone's eyes were on you now that Eren had to scream a proclamation of love for you when they were eating breakfast. "Haha, wonder what it is..."

"Alright, just close your eyes for me."

What is he doing, proposing?

Your eyes shut tight as you could already feel Eren kneeling down and taking a velvet box out of his pocket with a beautiful ring inside, one that shimmered with the most precious jewels that he could find.

"Open!"

You jumped. What you saw in front of you couldn't have been anymore different than a ring. It was a bright brown teddy bear with two black buttons for eyes, grinning as it looked into your soul. "Like it?" Eren laughed a bit.

"I know that it's not much, but I'm just saying. Whenever you're alone, or scared, in a place where I can't go...just bring this with you, alright? It'll remind you of me."

His hands wide open with the bear, you smiled. "Thanks."

Without any hesitation, you grabbed the bear and petted its brown, fluffy head. Eren was right - the bear reminded you of him for sure.

With its small, cute smile, big, determined eyes...you couldn't help but to laugh.

Mikasa:

"You awake?"

Only beginning to hear the voice poking at your rest, you flutter your eyes open in a hurry. "Yeah. Mikasa? Is that you?"

"Mmm-hmm."

"What time is it?" If she wasn't getting caught by anyone else being in here with you, then everyone had to be gone. And, obviously, everyone had to be gone for a reason.

You hoped you weren't late for breakfast out of all things.

"Last time I checked, it was 7:00. You're late for breakfast, Y/N." Shoot.

In no hurry to be scolded by your higher-ups, you snatched the blanket resting on top of you and started to throw it onto the floor. Mikasa's hand stopped you. Her hand rested on yours, struggling to break free from her not-so-surprisingly strong grasp.

"I knew you had to be here, and I just brought you breakfast instead."

"Am I still going to get into trouble?"

"Yes. But, you still have to eat anyways, don't you?" Her eyes averted to your side, and behold, there it was; a silver platter full of your favorite breakfast foods and a peculiar pastry shaped like a ring. From what you've heard, those were called donuts, and were only sold to those in Wall Sina.

"Is that...for me?"

"No, for us - consider this our Valentine's Day Date." Mikasa giggled as you started to grin at the sight of so much food. "Come on, I know you're hungry. Just eat, alright?"