84 | royalty au

hello and happy friday! this week is a request from That0neIdioticSimp who requested a royalty au! hope you enjoy, especially because i think after this august after finishing up the last of the requests, i'm going to maybe start updating every two weeks or one month? school is coming up and i'm pretty involved, so i don't want to stress myself out. i've talked about this more in detail on the quotev version of this book, but yeah.

regardless, requests will still be open! also in advance please dm your requests to me instead of putting them in random places, i always forget where they are and i'm kinda messy so it might take a bit longer to find them. anyway yeah that's it, enjoy the preference and wish me luck starting school :D

-

Eren: (I was thinking of mainly timeskip Eren) Ruling alongside what you thought to be a sweet, determined boy has spiraled into something totally different. Eren is very insistent that you just do your own thing while he handles all the big and important duties. He can seem very...off at sometimes, and even a little frustrated / sad out of nowhere. Nevertheless, your relationship manages to hang tight. Eren still has his soft moments, even if they do seem a bit textbook-angsty (always telling you to cherish your time with him, sometimes leaving you out because he doesn't want to get too attached, etc). Everyone theorizes that you're definitely going to be a lone ruler after a bit.

Mikasa: If you were to become royalty, Mikasa would do everything in her literal power to make sure that you're safe. That bounty on your head? What are you talking about? Mikasa has probably hired people to take down the assassins after you (very meta, I know). Sometimes she worries that you might lose sight of her / vice versa, or you might get overwhelmed at the ton of responsibilities that are piled up in front of you. Even if you're insistent that you can do it on your own, she'll be right by your side to assure you everything will be okay. If there's something she can do, she'll be on it. With her help, your citizens are all kept happy and most importantly, protected.

Armin: He's a bit shy to the concept of ruling, and a little scared that if he makes the wrong choice then everything will fall to pieces. You're there to encourage him and tell him that everything will be fine. And on the other hand, you're also there to stop him from doing anything impulsive in the face of anxiety. But that doesn't mean you don't need help. Armin is there to take your mind away from stress, and he's definitely a great cheerleader. He has a lot of connections, and will take you to them for advice. The two of you are an amazing power couple not gonna lie, love to see it

Levi: Levi is a very straight-forward leader. He uses his authority to ensure that everyone within his territory is living a free and happy life (unlike the one he experienced in his childhood). He usually doesn't trust other people with high statuses, since he absolutely hates hypocrisy and when people use their titles for their own gain. So when you rule aside him, you should always consider it an honor and privilege. Besides what you do up front, it's also really cool to see Levi behind the scenes. You feel closer to him whenever a big issue is tackled, or when a lot of work is cleared and the two of you have free time (in which you probably just take a walk around town and get to know your citizens together).

Erwin: Before you ask "hey Fran is this going to be ANOTHER self-indulgent headcanon where you just say Erwin spoils you and treats you in the best way possible?" yes. But it's true, and I honestly can't think of a universe where Erwin isn't royalty and doesn't treat you the same. Does he make harsh decisions? Totally. Does he tend to sacrifice his knights and sometimes the villagers for the sake of advancing progress within his kingdom? Absolutely. But through it all, Erwin always makes sure you get a say in it. No matter what, you're always comfortable in your spot, ruling alongside him. And it's very special, since you get to see a side of him that no one else does.

Hange: Hange definitely takes the title of ruler and uses it to spice up their life with you. While you two occassionaly handle important subjects between you and your rulers, Moblit is usually the one doing the heavy lifting behind the scenes (don't worry he gets treated very well and has the highest salary ever, also he gets to spend time with Hange which is already payment in itself). It leaves the two of you with a lot of time to spend traveling, trying new foods and hobbies, and even experimenting. Literally and in other terms. Hange's kingdom is definitely one with an emphasis on science and new knowledge which is cool.

Mike: Your subjects were in shock the first time you annoucned Mike, known for barely even talking, was revealed to be your partner and the one ruling beside you. What they don't know is that even though he might not seem like it, he makes for a great person in charge. He just has a sixth sense that lets you know when trouble is brewing within the village. And I don't think I've ever mentioned this before, but he's a great bodyguard. Whenever someone makes you uncomfy, one stare is all he needs to do before they back off. No one messes with his partner, especially when they're royalty and deserve to be treated as such.