72 | actor au

happy friday! sorry for the lack of updating last week, i decided not to update the quotev version of this book so i guess everything else in the boat had to be sunk as well if that makes sense. but i'm back now, and soon you won't have many more of these annoying inconsistent schedule changes! hooray! but anyway, here's a chapter about how the aot characters would be in an actor au. something i thought iof when i was writing in the quotev version after the finale of aot manga came out.

qotd #8 (i think, at this point i'm too lazy to go back and check) what day does school end or start for you this season?

WARNING: POSSIBLBE SPOILERS AHEAD PLEASE BE AWARE OF WHAT YOURE READING

Eren: This man is amazing at acting - throughout his whole career, you've seen him display so many emotions and make you feel them, too. He's grown so much, and has been so good at being in his character...but when the end came, it took much more than a couple of takes to get his final scenes down. Not because he was bad, but because...let's just say that he really became his character. In other words, he cried. A lot. Way too much. But it was still amazing, and you're glad you could get some behind the scenes action. Oh boy, you're gonna have stories to tell about this man...

Mikasa: Mikasa, as an actor, doesn't need to do much work. Why? She was cast as her character for a reason - they have the same aura if that makes sense. Mikasa feels like her character incarnate, and let me be real, she might as well have morphed into her at her final scene. It's one of the reasons why the finale of the show was amazing. The way she smiled in the last shot was breathtaking. If it's not going down as an iconic scene in cinema, then I don't know what is.

Armin: Armin, like his character, doesn't talk to many people and gets a little nervous when he has to. His close friends in real life are his motivation to keep acting, especially you. During his final scenes, you were there to cheer him on behind the scenes. While his anxiety might have still hurt his performance, you can't deny that it was still fantastic. Though regardless of his act, you still love him off set, when he's hanging around you and the others. The production of AOT is something neither of you will ever forget.

Levi: While good at playing a cold and sometimes downright apathetic character, Levi loves reveal his true colors while he's not in front of a green screen or cameras. He went into acting for the experience and the ease of relationship making, and oh boy, was it a good choice. Not only did he get to hang out with you and his fellow actors who played the veterans, but after playing his role, he understood the deep feeling of loss better. So not only did he make some life-long friends in the cast, but he also learned the valuable lesson of keeping their dreams at heart. Or, in Erwin's case, I guess not...

Erwin: Speaking of, Erwin was great. It was hard for him to get into the serious and calculating personality of the role he was in, as in real life he's super goofy and makes twice the dad jokes that canon!AU Erwin would make...but he does the job. There's no one to do it better, either. His body language and deep, clear voice make him such a rich and easy character to understand. When the last scene rolled around, they had to take another shot because he rushed out of the smoke and up to Levi, giving him a soft hug before returning to his role. I think that says everything you need to know about his personality.

Hange: Hange was glad to play their role, as they know well that there's not a lot of non-binary (this is what I believe them to be in canon) roles in media. Much less ones that are actually taken up by non-binary people themselves. Their real life personality slipped through into their character. Even though it wasn't how they were supposed to act, the director liked it so much that he just scrapped their old personality and went with the quirkiness of the actor. It's why so many of their moments in the show feel natural and fluid. And it's also why you love them as a person and an actor.

Mike: A small role, but such a fun time doing it: Mike, regardless of the role he had, would be happy being on the cast of AOT. He got the role for the odd but caring section commander, and I swear, the day he did no one could have been happier than he was. Though he had to keep his energy contained within his mind, as his character was quiet and didn't get much screen time. Who's to say he didn't enjoy his time, though? His final scene in the smoke was a kicker. He hugged everyone afterwards, and needed to give Levi an extra big bear one. He's going to miss his role for sure.