54 | they catch you singing karaoke

happy friday! you might be wondering where i was last week, and as much as i hate to say it...i was super sick ;-; friday got the worst of it and i was literally unable to move without hurting, so i'm really sorry about the lack of announcements and what not aaaaa

but i'm back and feeling much better than before! hopefully next week i'll be even better and writing an actual halloween chapter :0 but for now, i hope you guys enjoy this chapter and your weekend!

for context, the song they're singing is their character image song - if you haven't heard of them, go look them up!! hange and mike don't have one so i had to make do though aaa

-

Eren: It's the middle of the night, and you were jamming to Helpless World. Normal, right? If you said yes, you'd be correct. Except the part when Eren comes in on you doing the psycho laugh at the end before you go on to the next song. He heard you sing a little before that, but he's a little dense. He had no idea you were singing his own theme song, and walked out of the room before you could say a word. Singing and laughing like that did intrigue him, though, so he did stick his ears to the door to see if you were going to anymore. When you did, he understood what you were trying to do and got so excited that he joined in with you.

Mikasa: No one, and I mean NO ONE'S voice can compare to Mikasa. That's why you like to sing your karaoke in private. Sometimes you even study up on her voice in the songs she plays in and become a backtrack to that. Believe me when I say that you're still...uh, working on improving your vocal performance. Mikasa would believe it, as she walked in on you singing one of the highest notes in No Matter Where You Are. Right as she walked in, your voice cracked and you almost fell, the music still playing in the background. "Whoops," she said with a concerned look before leaving and closing the door on you.

Armin: Armin knows when his theme is playing. He can sense the melody from, like, a mile away. And if you're singing it? A total giveaway - he can recognize your voice even better than the song. There wasn't an exception when you were doing some work at the dining room table with your earphones plugged in, and Far Away started to play. It was such a good song that you had to sing. And you did. Loudly. AT first, Armin was a little worried, but then he heard the lyrics and bust into the room in song as the chorus started up. He grabbed one of your earbuds to hear it and started to burst into tears. From how good or sad the song was you don't know, but you'll take it.

Levi: Emotions come into Levi when you start singing. Specifically embarrassed and annoyed because, well, that's just how he views most songs. A blur of instruments and nothing more. Only his theme song will do it justice for him, and that's why you purposely try to get him to catch you singing to it. And it finally happened. Were you doing it with your voice so loud that he had to come in to shut you up? Yes. But it still counts. You looked him right in the face when you sang your favorite lyric of the song and started to smile. He looked right back at you, mouthing the next lyrics and even curving his lips up a bit, too. Karaoke fixes everything.

Erwin: There's nothing that gets Erwin more riled up than a good song about all of those soldiers dedicating their hearts to the cause. Duh. And that's why you get his attention every time you sing Hope of Mankind. You don't want to, though. He has a perfect voice to sing the song with you, but...he gets a little too moved by the lyrics sometimes. But you still love the song, so in a last-ditch attempt to save you from the embarrassment of him bursting into tears and falling to the floor, you tried to sing in private. Emphasis on tried, because Erwin apparently has god-like hearing. From all the way across the house, he heard the lyrics and came into the closet, shaking you and stealing the karaoke mic to sing the rest of the song. But you've learned not to question anything he does, no matter how cheesy.

Hange: Unfortunately, Hange has no character song of her own. But she does love Guren no Yumiya! It's like the medicine for a sick child. Hange feels a little down? SIE SIND DAS ESSEN? NEIN! WIND UN JAEGER! It proves effective in most small situations, and it never gets old to sing with her. You decided, though, that it would be better if you tried to sing the lyrics by yourself for a little bit of karaoke. Hange would love to hear your voice on the track! Yet when you tried to practice, your voice sounded a little shaky. Not fierce like Linked Horizon made the song sound. You ended up practicing until Hange caught you in the act and started to laugh because of how silly you sounded. At least you know now that it would still make her happy if you sang it, right?

Mike: You've never caught Mike singing. You know for a fact though that he loves music, though, and it's a little hard to catch him without his headphones on. But he's never heard you sing, and will probably never ask. See where I'm going? As much as you wanted him to hear him sing, you thought it would be best to see what song worked for you and actually sounded good enough to present to him. Guren no Yumiya sounded good, since it was the first opening to what was technically his own show, so you decided to try it first. It sounded good, though you were still trying to master the last part where Revo sings "JAEGER!" And at that point, Mike walked into your room. The two of you blinked for a while until he spoke up, asking if you were singing Guren no Yumiya. Of course, you nodded, and he smiled in response. "You sound cute when you sing."