78 | coming out

happy pride lol :D this chapter is kinda poorly written but don't mind that aha; i was trying to make things general as possible and also couldn't think of a lot of unique situations to come out of the closet in, whatever :moyai:

i'm also thinking about writing pride stuff and releasing it outside june, because in a nutshell i realized that pride is something to be celebrated YEAR ROUND, not a one month exclusive event. i'm still fruity 24/7 yknow?

anyway my name is fran, please only refer to me with she/it, i'm bi + ace, and this is a certified poggers safe space for you guys to talk about stuff. hope you guys have a safe weekend and enjoy this chapter, see you guys next week

-

Eren:

"What's wrong?" Eren took a seat beside you in the cafe, sliding you a cupcake. The sweet aroma of freshly baked goods did little to hide the rising tension between the two of you. And even though there were tons of people around, it did little to make you feel secure.

"Uh," you straightened your mouth. "Well..."

"You said you wanted to talk to me about something important," he leaned over the table. "So what is it?"

"I have second thoughts on it now..." you looked away. It was impossible to make eye contact with him, with someone who's relationship with you was on the line if you told the truth. But what was worse: staying in the closet forever or being shunned out of a friend?

Silence filled the area.

"What if you won't want to be with me anymore?" You fidgeted with your fingers.

"Come on. It can't be that bad."

"Okay," you mustered up the courage to look him in the eye. Everything felt terrifying. "Do you know what the term coming out of the closet is?"

He nodded. "Are you coming out of the closet?"

You gave him a small smile. "As ____," you said. Your heart started beating ridiculously fast out of worry. What was he going to say next? Was he going to be angry? Sad? Disappointed?

"Oh, cool," Eren smiled. A huge weight was lifted off your heart. "Wait, do I really sound so homophobic that you were scared of coming out?"

"I mean," you scoffed, rubbing your eyes. "sometimes."

Mikasa:

Mikasa pulled you in for a warm and loving embrace, yet you've never felt so cold with her.

"Whatever you're going through," she said, "you have to tell me. You can't leave me hanging like this all the time...I need to know so I can help."

"It's not something you can really help with," you sighed. You hugged Mikasa back, trying to cherish the moment. If you ever came out to her, this might be the last friendly interaction the two of you would ever have.

Trying to find the right words, you only found yourself coming to a blank. "I..." you started, "I'm ____."

The girl let out a soft "hmm?"

Shoot. You had really messed it up now. "I'm ____," you repeated, but with no confidence. "It's okay if you don't wanna be with me anymore, I-"

Mikasa only squeezed you tighter. "No," she whispered, stroking your head. "I'm just sad you didn't tell me earlier."

"I was scared you wouldn't accept me," you admitted.

"Don't ever be scared of me," she said. "I love and care for you no matter what. No matter what other people think, I won't ever judge you for something like this."